Low calorie diet issues...

Does anyone else have trouble working out while on a low calorie diet? I am currently on 1200 calories/day, but whenever I try to workout - even yoga - I get tired very quickly. I am still losing weight without exercise, but it gets a bit frustrating not being able to...any suggestions besides upping my intake of calories?

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Sounds like your body is sending the message that it's not getting enough fuel. I really don't know what to tell you other than up your calories.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Eat more = More energy.

This might help you figure out your calorie needs based on how much exercise you are doing/want to do.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    It sounds very much like you need to eat more. I've been there. I went through a period of feeling tired, lethargic, fainting even... I upped my calories and felt much better and was able to perform much better while exercising (which meant burning more calories).

If you're eating 1200 calories based on Myfitnesspal's recommendation, then the expectation is that you eat more when you exercise. MFP would not have given you such a low number otherwise.

ETA: I know you specifically asked for other solutions, but sometimes it's just that your body needs more energy. The choice becomes: either give it more energy, or keep being tired.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Sounds like your body is sending the message that it's not getting enough fuel. I really don't know what to tell you other than up your calories.

This!