How do you maintain using Fitness Pal?

I have reached my target weight and am looking to maintain from now on. How do I reset my goals to maintain and not lose any more? Thanks.

Replies

• ICRLM
    ICRLM Posts: 2 Member
    I think you have to go to My Fitness Pal'a web page and login with your user name and password. Once you have done this you should be able to access and edit your information such as your start weight and I assume your goals etc. as well.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    What you want to do is change your goals to 0 pounds lost per week.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    You can change on the app too.

Click more on the far right side then choose goals then maintain current weight
  • tobybutton
    tobybutton Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone, very helpful.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    keep in mind that MFP is only a computer program and is only estimating what you should do based on a general population. Your body could be different.

I suggest setting your weight gain goal At zero and follow what mfp suggests for the short term. Watch your weight and if after a few weeks you start to gain then cut back on your calories by 1 to 200. If you lose then increase your calories by one or two hundred. Keep doing this until you find the maintenance level for YOU.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    moto450 wrote: »
    keep in mind that MFP is only a computer program and is only estimating what you should do based on a general population. Your body could be different.

I suggest setting your weight gain goal At zero and follow what mfp suggests for the short term. Watch your weight and if after a few weeks you start to gain then cut back on your calories by 1 to 200. If you lose then increase your calories by one or two hundred. Keep doing this until you find the maintenance level for YOU.

This. Mfp has number being 1530 before exercise. That is too low for me as I can maintain just fine on 1700 before exercise too.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Whatever maintenance number you get, you will know if it is right for you if you keep data for a month or so.