Quick calories

Options
heyitstahiraa
heyitstahiraa Posts: 35 Member
So lately I've been out of boost plus and that's my quick calorie fill in. Does anybody have any quick calorie recipes , 1 where I don't have to run to the store last minute. Or any high calorie shakes , 1 that doesn't taste awful , I've been looking for something that taste like a vanilla milkshake .. Anyone ? AND NOTHING WITH BANANAS YUCK !

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Quick calories?

Peanut butter sandwich, banana and a protein shake to wash it down.

Ezpz
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When I was undergoing treatment for an eating disorder, I had to have a high calorie milk shake each night. It's pretty simple and tastes really good. All you need is the ingredients and a blender :)

Recipe:
    1 cup (about 2 large scoops) of a regular, full fat vanilla ice cream (since I was trying to get a lot of calories in, we always went for Grater's original Vanilla since it was the highest calorie per scoop we could find in our grocery store! Plus, it's delicious lol)
    1 Packet Carnation Instant Breakfast powder, whichever flavor you choose (this is usually sold in the cereal aisle in a yellow box at places like Walmart). We would always get the variety pack so I could switch flavors up each evening!
    1/2 -3/4 Cup of whole milk or heavy whipping cream. You can play around with the amount of milk in proportion to the ice cream to get the thickness that you enjoy the most.
    Then you just blend and drink up!

This one is especially good for trying to gain because not only do you get the nutrients from the milk and ice cream, you also are getting the extra nutrition and vitamins from the Carnation Instant Breakfast (CIB)! :) When you do the vanilla or chocolate CIB, you can also vary the recipe by using chocolate milk instead of regular or throwing in a Tbsp. or two of peanut butter. Hope you find this as helpful as it was for me!
  • heyitstahiraa
    Options
    When I was undergoing treatment for an eating disorder, I had to have a high calorie milk shake each night. It's pretty simple and tastes really good. All you need is the ingredients and a blender :)

Recipe:
    1 cup (about 2 large scoops) of a regular, full fat vanilla ice cream (since I was trying to get a lot of calories in, we always went for Grater's original Vanilla since it was the highest calorie per scoop we could find in our grocery store! Plus, it's delicious lol)
    1 Packet Carnation Instant Breakfast powder, whichever flavor you choose (this is usually sold in the cereal aisle in a yellow box at places like Walmart). We would always get the variety pack so I could switch flavors up each evening!
    1/2 -3/4 Cup of whole milk or heavy whipping cream. You can play around with the amount of milk in proportion to the ice cream to get the thickness that you enjoy the most.
    Then you just blend and drink up!

This one is especially good for trying to gain because not only do you get the nutrients from the milk and ice cream, you also are getting the extra nutrition and vitamins from the Carnation Instant Breakfast (CIB)! :) When you do the vanilla or chocolate CIB, you can also vary the recipe by using chocolate milk instead of regular or throwing in a Tbsp. or two of peanut butter. Hope you find this as helpful as it was for me!

Okay , thank you , this does seem quick , but do you know how many calories this is ? I need about a good quick 360
  • heyitstahiraa
    Options
    Quick calories?

Ezpz
    I thought about a pb&j sandwich and I ate Bananas so much when I was a kid that I'm literally sick of them , I'll find another snack to go with the sandwich , thanks though !
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Quick calories?

Ezpz
    I thought about a pb&j sandwich and I ate Bananas so much when I was a kid that I'm literally sick of them , I'll find another snack to go with the sandwich , thanks though !

Then eat two sandwiches, or double up the PB. Yummy, you got this B);)
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    i love peanut butter so i'd probably just knock back a few spoons full of that deliciousness