Anyone using weight watchers or have used it in the past? Thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• Allison365Goal
    Options
    I have tried WW a few times, both online and meetings, and it worked for me, but only while I was committed to tracking. Personally, I think it doesn't matter what method we choose; unless we are accountable to our choices. If I commit to writing EVERYTHING down that I eat, I loose or maintain. When I don't, I gain. Doesn't matter if it's MFP or WW etc. Regular exercise, eating in moderation, food journaling, buddy accountability (if that works for you), planning ahead, removing temptations, and adequate sleep - that's the key to success! IMO of course.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They are restrictive, but when it comes to fruit and veg they say eat how much you want and you'll lose weight which is a bunch of crap.

How are they restrictive when no food is off limits? And they absolutely do not say you can eat as much f/v as you want.

• booksandchocolate12
    Options
    mewilmes wrote: »
    have a friend who does WW, but she only stays with until she's the weight she wants and then she's off of it until the weight comes back on.

A lot of people say things like this. I hope you don't mean this as a knock against WW, because that's true of every weight loss program. It works when you're doing it and stops working it when you stop doing it.

I'm doing fine tracking calories and eating at a deficit. Will I keep losing weight if I stop doing that?

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my pregnancy weight doing ww. This was pre- zero point fruit. My points were 18/day which equals 900-1000 calories and adding in plenty of non starchy "free" vegetables probably put me around 1200.
    Counting calories or points are basically the same - I have always counted calories (20 years now) but didn't while I was pregnant. I did like the supportive atmosphere but I didn't feel like I really fit in well.
    Either one works, but if you decide on ww, I'd suggest limiting fruit to 1-2 servings per day or counting them with points.
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    Limiting f/v really isn't necessary on WW, but common sense is.

I don't know why I'm so into defending WW today. I ditched it for MFP about a month ago and have had no regrets.