Abdonimal Cruncher/Roller - anyone know how many calories it burns??

Options
Hi all,

I've just dusted off my old abdominal cruncher (think it's also called an ab roller or ab trimmer) and done 2 sets of 18 reps. Not much i know, but im 254lbs and have only recently started doing a little exercise.

Does anyone know how many calories i would have burned doing this? i know it wont be much, but Id still like to know and I'll be building it up over time so will hopefully account for a fair amount one day.

MFP lists vigorous sit ups in the database, but I don't think it counts as that as the frame assists you and i wasnt doing them really fast and almost touching my knees like fit people in gyms do.

So any ideas? I'm guessing it's anywhere between 10 and 50 calories

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about calories burned doing a couple of sets of crunches (probably 10 extra calories). If you did something like 30 minutes to an hour of full body resistance training it would be a good workout and worth logging. A full body workout is going to accomplish more for trimming your tummy than crunches. You could look into You Are Your Own Gym.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use this calculator if I really need to estimate an exercise or activity. The ab cruncher might not be on there, but you can probably find something that's close enough.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Maybe 10 calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count calories from this but would make sure I had a waist measurement to track. And keep track of how many you do as it will increase over time!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    About one almond.

• zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Four. Give or take two.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I wouldonly say 5-10 calories...