Any nurses here?

Options
kaassiia
kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
I recently got accepted into school and will be changing careers. Any tips or advice for a future nursing student?

Replies

• Tisha_Lewis
    Tisha_Lewis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a nursing student too. In fact I start on Monday :-/

My plan is to take a healthy packed lunch with me instead of eating in the canteen as I will know exactly what's in the food I have prepared. I'm hoping my workouts will be when I'm on placement as I will always be on my feet and also I will be walking to uni each day which is a 90 minute all round walk so hoping that will burn the fat :-)

Best of luck for your weight loss and your nursing studies :-)
  • lezleee
    lezleee Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there! I've been a nurse for about 7 years.. Taking a packed lunch is definitely the way to go.. I had nothing but fast food around my campus and I gained about 10 pounds my senior year.. I used eating as a stress reliever during my studies when I should have used the gym.. Good luck to the both of you!!
  • margie_2015
    margie_2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a nurse.. Nursing school can be extremely stressful.. Working out helped me clear my head.. You'll definitely need an activity that'll allow you to unwind.. Nursing is a great career! Congrats! I wish you the best!
  • kaassiia
    kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will definitely be packing lunch and will make sure to make time for the gym to destress!