I just want flat abs and a flat stomach for once!

Options

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »
    If I have to, in the future, I will resort to lipo I reckon.

You do realise Lipo won't keep fat at bay right?

Yeah, which is why I'd do MFP at the same time.
    This is odd. Basically on MFP you're learning to control calories. So why no patience to with more control since you are doing it now?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

On MFP I can eat rubbish in a certain amount of calories and lose weight. It's more work to eat healthy and exercise. I eat rubbish and exercise to get to eat more rubbish. Not healthy I know.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    You made a post about a friend not accepting you and that you're pessimistic. Kinda seeing why your friend may not be the entire problem now. You're making excuses with the hope that someone will side with you.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Lifting won't make you build that much muscle, so many women are afraid of lifting cause they think they'll turn bulky and stuff! Not true, those women who are "bulky" put in a lot of work and effort to get there!! Get a membership at planet fitness (; only 10 dollars a month! It's great, it's got the basics nothing fancy. I'm with you on the Getting abs though, hopefully one day *fingers crossed*

$10 a month!? :open_mouth: Seriously? I'd join yesterday at that price. Basic Gym membership here is $25-30 a WEEK :disappointed:

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You made a post about a friend not accepting you and that you're pessimistic. Kinda seeing why your friend may not be the entire problem now. You're making excuses with the hope that someone will side with you.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

What's that got to do with my friendship exactly? If you're trying to say that I make EXCUSES in my friendship then I'm Rotflmao right now. Get a life.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is anyone else in the same boat. I mean last time I had those I was about 14 (now 22) and weighed about 8 stone. I know if I do get down to 8 stone though, that I won't be guaranteed it, and also probably look anorexic. I'm 163cm, medium frame.Last time I saw a weight loss I was 133lb. I have set my sights on target at 119lb. Anyway. That's why I'm hoping with weight loss that it will go, but there is still heaps of fat on my stomach and abs and it grosses me out. It's skinny fat, you know?! I feel like it shouldn't be this way. I don't have the patience to eat healthy and work out. I know that's the only other way. It just gets me a bit down. It's my goal to have a good body and that means a flat stomach and basically no fat on the abs. When I stand, alright, it looks sort of okay, when I sit, it's just not good at all. Anyone in the same boat. I just really want a flat stomach and flat abs :(

If I did the conversion right, your 5ft, 3 inches? I'm 5ft, 6in and when I hit my original goal weight of 135lbs (down from the high 170s), I realized I still had a ways to go, and ended up settling with a maintenance range of 120-125lbs. Still in the healthy bmi range, but those last few pounds made a huge difference in how I looked.

Also, my profile picture was taken this morning, at 121.5lbs, and I'm rocking some ab definition :) 1. I lost enough weight for my abs to be seen 2. I recently finished a 100 push-up challenge and it did miraculous things for my arms, back and abs :p That's seriously the only structered exercise I've done in the past 6ish months. It was a free program that took just a few minutes a week (when I started I could only do 5 push-ups and 5 weeks later I could do 100!). If you're interested in doing it, just google 100 push up challenge and it should be like the first link that shows up. Oh, I'm also 36 years old and have carried three pregnancies to full term. For me-losing enough weight and a simple push-up challenge has made my abs do wonderful things lol.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    So you want a flat stomach and defined abs, but you don't want to workout or eat at a deficit and don't want to pay for a gym? I'm not sure what it is you're asking for exactly here as it seems like you know what you need to do, but won't do it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

What's that got to do with my friendship exactly? If you're trying to say that I make EXCUSES in my friendship then I'm Rotflmao right now. Get a life.
    My life is fine. I don't need to make a friendship rant. I wasn't talking about your friendship, but the observation of your attitude. And it ain't sunshine and rainbows so far.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    So you want a flat stomach and defined abs, but you don't want to workout or eat at a deficit and don't want to pay for a gym? I'm not sure what it is you're asking for exactly here as it seems like you know what you need to do, but won't do it.

BOOM! ^^This, OP. Harsh, yes. But there's truth here.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You want it. You work for it.

Eat less

Lift heavy

You don't get anything by wishing for it
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    If I have to, in the future, I will resort to lipo I reckon.

You do realise Lipo won't keep fat at bay right?

Yeah, which is why I'd do MFP at the same time.
    This is odd. Basically on MFP you're learning to control calories. So why no patience to with more control since you are doing it now?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

On MFP I can eat rubbish in a certain amount of calories and lose weight. It's more work to eat healthy and exercise. I eat rubbish and exercise to get to eat more rubbish. Not healthy I know.

exactly. it's more work. liposuction is the easy way out.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Lift heavy things, put them back down.
    Repeat.

I don't think I'd want to build much muscle and I don't think I'd want to pay an obscene amount for the gym either :/ but I'll keep it in mind.

it's so funny that you think that you're just going to build up so much muscle all of a sudden without noticing.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

He's right, you know. You can wish all you want, but it won't happen on accident. Where there's a will, there's a way. If you really REALLY want it, you'll find the necessary steps and make it happen. If you're just wishing for fun.... well, then, I'd like a mansion near the ocean, a car collection, a yacht, and a trip around the world... oooo this is fun! :wink:

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    More than likely if you want to go the lipo route it may also require a tummy tuck. Those things cost a lot more than a gym membership. It also won't guarantee a six pack.

You will still have to put in a certain amount of work to maintain it. If you don't and gain, you will have a new problem area to deal with.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    I have a flat stomach. It was a lot cheaper than lipo/tummy tuck and I gained the habits it takes to maintain it (which doesn't happen with surgery). You know what to do.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    The reason no one seems to have a flat stomach is because it's hard to get. A friend of mine got lipo and it cost her $9,000... that's a little more than a monthly gym membership...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    The reason no one seems to have a flat stomach is because it's hard to get. A friend of mine got lipo and it cost her $9,000... that's a little more than a monthly gym membership...

That would pay for my gym membership for 25 years.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Yowsas did she make a concerted effort to lose weight before the procedure? Like a calorie deficit and exercise?

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Calorie Deficit is your friend, right?

It's the only way.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Calorie Deficit is your friend, right?

It's the only way.

Well yeah. Whats going to happen if they go back to eating like they did before?? That belly will come right on back!

It really breaks my heart when i read about folks who go through the $$$, pain and trauma of weight loss surgery only to gain all of the weight back again :confounded:
    I know Lipo Isn't as severe as WLS, but still...

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    effortvshappiness_zpsec6f7073.png