Jackie just started. Feel overwhelmed.

Options
Tried many diets only to regain it back plus a few extra pounds. I'm vegetarian, in a rut with good nutritional foods. Junk eater.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Read and understand what it is you are trying to do an how you will achieve it. get friends who are vegetarians and losing plus having open diaries. There will be some vegetarian groups as well.

MFP is about a lifestyle change that moderates the amounts you eat.
    Think about why you cant sustain it.

The more you understand things, the less overwhelmed you will feel.
    Keep it simple and and focus on small changes and a gradual transition. Small manageable tragets will keep it under your control i.e log for a day, week , 2 weeks, hit your calorie allowance for a day a week, go for 10 minutes walk then 20 , first 1lb etc. That gives you the impression of progress. Vuild on it and you will increase your confidence.
  • astgte
    astgte Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I dont like the word diet, its a lifestyle change that makes the real difference :)
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Stop with particular diets. Count your calories. Eat less calories than what you use. Don't try limit your foods. Don't try cutting any food in particular. Enjoy what you eat. Eat when you want. Just focus on the calories.
    Some days I just have 2 meals, and a snack. Other days I Could have 4-5 meals along with a snack or two. I eat a little bit of chocolate or crisps almost every day. I drink energy drinks, and sodas. (the no calorie, no sugar ones).
    Yet i've still lost 32 pounds in about 3.5 months. Obviously if your entire diet is unhealthy, then you're in trouble.
    But if the majority of your calories relatively ok in health/nutrition value, then 100-200 cals each night of chocolate or a soda or crisps or any other junk food is ok (in my opinion).
    Although it would be good to try go a couple of nights each week without any junk food, just to try keep getting more healthy calories.
    Main thing is, keep your calories limited. Thats it.