I NEED INPUT!!

Options
okay so here's the situation I need help with. About a year ago I got to a place where I felt heavier, clothes weren't fitting, I looked bigger and my face looked fatter and there were physical signs that I looked quite a bit larger and my clothes hardly fit or didn't fit at all, when I weighed myself though, I had only gained about 5-6 pounds. I then lost the weight and got down to my usual weight and even 2 pounds under and, I haven't weighed since until this morning. I knew I had eaten over my calories a bit (for sure 3 pounds, possibly even 6 pounds worth) and can tell a difference in the way my clothes fit, but they still fit but when I weighed myself I had gained like 15 pounds from what I used to be! I am so confused because last year when the scale read that I gained 5-6 pounds I felt and looked large and my clothes really didn't fit at all. This year when I look at myself I don't look much different (I do see areas that clearly have gained but nothing like last year) but the scale reads so much more. Bottom line question is does 10 pounds of water weight look less than 5 pounds of fat fat? Does that make sense?

I just finished my period last week, I have taken two doses of miralax in the past week and I frequently drink 110 fl oz of water a day. Please someone help or provide some insight!!

Replies

• gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your exercise routine has been in the past year but it is possible to gain muscle and lose fat which could make you weigh more while losing inches.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    ^This! You are probably more toned. It's a cliche to say muscles weighs more than fat, which isn't precisely true, but it's more dense.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Yeah... If that's you in your profile pic, my question would have to be what exactly is it that you weigh? 15 lbs looks like a lot but I'm not sure you should be worrying about weight loss...
  • clairenann
    Options
    gonnasnap wrote: »
    I don't know what your exercise routine has been in the past year but it is possible to gain muscle and lose fat which could make you weigh more while losing inches.
    I haven't worked out at all..I started a new job and haven't coordinated my usual cardio back in