How to accurately log meat from the grill?

Options
Hello all,
While I am going into week two of my transformation process my family is still not on the band wagon yet.. So today they deicded to BBQ - with meats such as Chicken, Pulled pork roast, western style ribs and smoke sausages.

I plan to eat some of the chicken and the western style ribs. and mayyybe a nibble of the pulled pork roast - but how do i log that? I do not have a food scale and there are so many different entries for grilled meat. My meat will not have any barbecue sauce on it. but it will have a little dash of seasoning.

What would be the best way to get close as possible?
While they will have baked beans and baked potatoes -.. i'm going to just throw me some veggies on the grill to go along with my meat.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Just guesstimate, log it, and move on...it's ok to be off one day on your logging ...an important part of this lifestyle change is learning that it's ok to have days where your logging is off, or calories come in higher than target..
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Under those constraints, all you can do is guess at the weight. Unless you stick to the sausages, in which case you can compliment the host and ask them for the variety they bought and look it up afterwards.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Without a scale? I guess by eyeballing a 'serving size' Isn't a serving of meat about the size of a deck of cards, or something like that? I have no idea about the ribs, lol, I don't eat meat.

The most accurate way would be to weigh it of course, preferably raw.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Just guesstimate, log it, and move on...it's ok to be off one day on your logging ...an important part of this lifestyle change is learning that it's ok to have days where your logging is off, or calories come in higher than target..
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Under those constraints, all you can do is guess at the weight. Unless you stick to the sausages, in which case you can compliment the host and ask them for the variety they bought and look it up afterwards.
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Without a scale? I guess by eyeballing a 'serving size' Isn't a serving of meat about the size of a deck of cards, or something like that? I have no idea about the ribs, lol, I don't eat meat.

The most accurate way would be to weigh it of course, preferably raw.

Thank you all for the reply - and thanks you Ndj1979 - I will have to do that. i'm still pretty new to it haha so if I mess up my mind is still thinking " oh crap" I did excercise today and that gave me some back in case I do make a oopsie.. cause lets face it - I'm probably going to be nibbling small pieces of meat tonight >.>