Vivofit2 steps syncing way too high on mfp

Options
i had a Vivofit for a few weeks and switched to the vivofit2 last Saturday. Garmin was having problems with their app (for any of their fitness trackers) but it seemed to be resolved.

Then last night I had the same problems again. I would get a network connection error and it would not show steps etc. Throughout the day I have had some successful syncs and some unsuccessful syncs.

However - there is a new problem. Now it's syncing (YAY) - but MFP is showing WAY too many calorie points. For example I have walked under 5700 steps at the moment and it's giving me like 870 extra calories.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions?

Replies

• rhionnan
    rhionnan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Correction - giving 470 not 870 but still way too high. Normally that would show up as like 60-90 not over 400.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've got a fitbit, have only had it for 3 weeks. Just for comparison... I've done 6,396 steps and mfp is giving me 221 calories burned. I've been tracking the steps to calories burned every day and the numbers are always the same.

I'm 5"8 and 140lbs if that's any help??
  • rhionnan
    rhionnan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine thank you for replying. :). It does help. I think the issue worked itself out overnight while I was sleeping. The calories are back in line with what they have been before.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 200 use for cycling, the calories are always off by 300-400. I just make sure I don't eat all the calories back.