Real food friends? 2.0 - deleted 1st, oops

Options
fitbodybootcamp
fitbodybootcamp Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I accidentally deleted the first post I had - anyway, looking for a group of people who want to support one another on the real food train - no fad diets or cutting out really specific food groups (i.e. Carbs, dairy, etc). Real food means whole grains, veggies, fruits, healthy dairy and lean meats, healthy oils and fats. No processed junk or "food products" that have zillions of Unrecognizable ingredients. Sorry to those who posted in the first discussion - I'm new to this app, so bear w me. Thanks! Let's stay natural and unprocessed in an overly processed world!

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I'll get back to you when I've finished my processed junk.

Which is never.

Ever.

Good luck though.
  • fitbodybootcamp
    Options
    Haha! I appreciate the sense of humor. I love cheese fries as much as the next person, I just found I feel so much better without them. I also do a 90/10 rule which makes everything more doable. Good luck to you too.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I guess I am out..I am Allergic to corn, soy, dairy, gluten, eggs, mushrooms, pinapples, and bananas, not to mention most red, yellow, and purple fruits and veges with a few exceptions (I get breathing problems), I cant process beef and most grains are hard on me. Needless to say I eat very very clean or suffer the consequences. If my internal inflammation wasnt so high I would no longer be fluffy, I would be real skinny, sigh, unfortunately I am stuck on this weightloss journey AGAIN!!
  • fitbodybootcamp
    Options
    That is tough! I very much sympathize with people who have such tough allergies. Best of luck to you.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty normal things I think. I do have things like Egg Beaters but really not much Frankenfood at all.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i love your face paintings!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I mostly like to cook from whole foods, but I have no hard and fast rules. I enjoy protein bars from time to time (have been eating more of them than I prefer lately, but have no desire to cut them out entirely), and I even find it helpful to cut out foods from time to time (if I feel like I'm eating too many sweets, say, I can find it useful to force myself to think of other foods by cutting them out for a while), and I like to experiment with how eating certain foods helps me (lately I'm trying out the idea of eating more protein/fast digesting carbs post workout, which means I've been eating more foods like white rice and protein powder in that context, although it's been a little hard to get over my personal bias against this (for me, not for others) given that one of the first changes I made in losing weight was to make sure I generally ate carbs with more fiber or with fat to slow them down).

I would still say that I eat "real foods," but your views may different, of course, which is why efforts to self-define in a particular way vs. what others are assumed to do always makes me a bit uncomfortable.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oh! I like Skinny Cow for snacks, so that probably disqualifies me.
  • fitbodybootcamp
    Options
    Oh! I like Skinny Cow for snacks, so that probably disqualifies me.
    I go w a general 90/10 rule, so no, having a treat would not disqualify you :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I am disqualified. I am doing the very best I can for myself right now --which means no hard and fast rules and 90% would feel like a rule because math was not my best subject.
  • fitbodybootcamp
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I am disqualified. I am doing the very best I can for myself right now --which means no hard and fast rules and 90% would feel like a rule because math was not my best subject.

Haha, then go for most of the time/occasionally if that suits your abilities best. Doing the best you can is all anyone can strive for.