weight gain to join army

Options
2»

Replies

• tgardi
    tgardi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Your husband was a better man then me. No recruiting duty for me!
  • tgardi
    tgardi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Her profile says shes 22, no pic...I dunno about this one. If any future recruit wants to join the army all they need to do is go see a recruiter, and they will give them a training program so they can meet the requirements. You don't go one day to sign up and is shipped off the very next day. It'll be months before you get to leave for basic training.

Makes sense.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    If your just looking to gain eat more calorie dense food that you enjoy Ice Cream is a good one with chocolate milk, nuts and or peanut butter. Like was said earlier talk with a recruiter. I never knew they had a minum weight. Maybe becouse when I enlisted I was on the other end of the spectrum.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    tgardi wrote: »
    She probably needs to get to the minimum weight for joining. There are weight waivers but you have to be close. Her minimum is 107.

I would think there is a certain performance issue as well- someone who is so small- and likely not carrying much conditioning or muscle mass probably will have a poor performance showing for the PT test.

Weight gain would go hand in hand with some conditioning.