any doing the eat clean diet by tosca reno?

Options
2»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    No, I'm just doing the 'CICO Diet' by Biology.

And physics. Don't forget dat physics.

ojqcw5hyqhzj.png

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    lillyy23 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone on here follows Tosca Renos great book. Its not just for people over 40 years old or whatever. young people can follow her books too.. just wondering if anyone is following her 'eat clean diet' because , honestly I love my fitness pal, and i've read the info how to count calories but its just so much work i dont understand it. and Tosca Reno doesnt really follow the 'count calories' way of living and i was wondering if anyone else doesnt like counting calories.. im thinking of just following her book, and she talks mostly about portion control.. i dont think she mentions calorie counting. its just too confusing for me. because i am a perfectionist, and counting calories are all just estimates of calories and numbers, its not exact and it drives me crazy. not to mention i get obssessed with counting everything .

that really does not make sense. If you are perfectionist and want to have the most accurate information, why would you not weight all your food with a food scale and log into MFP, as that is the most accurate way to get a calorie count?

If you are just going to "guestimate" portions and cut them in half, how is that a better estimate???

what is so confusing about weight your food, and then log it all in??
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind people who gave me their opinions and suggestions. For those not so kind people I wasn't looking to be judged I didn't say I don't do calorie counting and no it is not hard. Like I said before I love my fitness pal and the idea of it I was just wondering if there was another easier way then sticking to the numbers. Cause when you eat clean you don't really have a box telling you how many calories this "carrot" has. So MFP may not be accurate. Especially when people are adding duplicate things to the database.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind people who gave me their opinions and suggestions. For those not so kind people I wasn't looking to be judged I didn't say I don't do calorie counting and no it is not hard. Like I said before I love my fitness pal and the idea of it I was just wondering if there was another easier way then sticking to the numbers. Cause when you eat clean you don't really have a box telling you how many calories this "carrot" has. So MFP may not be accurate. Especially when people are adding duplicate things to the database.

The way around the tricky data base is to verify everything the first time you select it with an independent web site like the USDA or nutritiondata.self.com. After that, the food will appear on your list of frequently used foods, and you can just update the quantity you're eating.

It's easy to find entries for things like produce which are likely to be correct already if you look for the unstarred entries when you're logging.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat mostly whole foods and log them (I think it's ridiculous to call them "clean" foods). They are actually super easy to log, once you learn to do it correctly. Of course it's an estimate, but everything is an estimate.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

Seriously, don't turn this into a mean people thread.

No, carrots don't have a calorie number on each of them. But you can weigh them and use the USDA entry for carrots.
  • ana3067
    Options

The way around the tricky data base is to verify everything the first time you select it with an independent web site like the USDA or nutritiondata.self.com. After that, the food will appear on your list of frequently used foods, and you can just update the quantity you're eating.

It's easy to find entries for things like produce which are likely to be correct already if you look for the unstarred entries when you're logging.
    Or you can be anul like me and make your own private database from USDA and box label info :p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Opinions different than yours do not equal mean..,
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Cause when you eat clean you don't really have a box telling you how many calories this "carrot" has. So MFP may not be accurate. Especially when people are adding duplicate things to the database.

So, you don't trust the MFP database because it may not be accurate.

But if the diet you want to follow doesn't require any counting, how can it possibly be more accurate?

Not being mean. I'm really wondering.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Cause when you eat clean you don't really have a box telling you how many calories this "carrot" has. So MFP may not be accurate. Especially when people are adding duplicate things to the database.

So, you don't trust the MFP database because it may not be accurate.

But if the diet you want to follow doesn't require any counting, how can it possibly be more accurate?

Not being mean. I'm really wondering.

Me, too.
  • ana3067
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I eat mostly whole foods and log them (I think it's ridiculous to call them "clean" foods). They are actually super easy to log, once you learn to do it correctly. Of course it's an estimate, but everything is an estimate.

"Clean eating" is like trying to throw a dart when you're in a completely different room while also blindfolded. Counting calories is like trying to throw a dart from the same room at a normal distance - you probably won't get a perfect score each time but you'll probably get on the board most times (let's pretend we are all able to have enough aim to hit the board for this analogy lol)