Online recipes that I can link to "recipe builder" with calorie counts per serving?

Options
uvi5
uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
I'm ready to learn to start using the Recipe Builder and saw that you can link from recipes on the web. I would love to find sites that already have the calorie counts for the recipes that I can browse. If anyone has some good sites, like for lasanga, cassaroles, etc. I would be thrilled to have the links. Thank you :smiley:

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You don't want to do that. Those sites are often way off their calorie count.
  • uvi5
    Options
    I figured that :disappointed: Anything new is difficult grrr. Thanks for giving me the heads up on that.
    I have some lovely ingredients for a spaghetti sauce and want to make a full recipe for hubby and me then freeze the rest in portions. I figured I would weigh out each ingredient, put it together, then weigh out the portions. But, I'm not getting this right. Will take some time to get it. One of the MFP members gave me some instructions on how to enter my own recipes into the builder and I will attempt that today. I did try already with a simple sauce recipe and it just matched to ingredients that I was unsure of and calculated the per/serving calories. It did not add up to me and I want to be as accurate as I can. Also, when i checked my recipes there was like 16 or so entries for that recipe that I entered with no breakdown of the ingredients (in case i wanted to add or subtract an ingredient).

Here's the one I am atempting to enter to make tonight.

Open Nature 93% lean ground turkey 1 pound
    Bueno Gusto crushed tomatoes
    Tomato sauce, canned 15.4 ounce
    Bellpeppers, 3 large
    Onions, 2 large
    Light butter, 50 calories/tbs, 4 Tbs
    Garlic powder, 2 Tbs
    Onion powder, 2 Tbs
    Oregano, dried, 4 Tbs
    Whole wheat spaghetti noodles, dry
  • 52johnburton
    52johnburton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add the whole recipe to a diary, click " quick tools" save as a meal, then delete from that diary. Now the way you put it into servings is by taking the amount of servings the meal makes and divide into 100. With that number you put a decimal in front and thats it. Exp. Meal makes 8 servings 100/8=12.5 so you would put .125 into quantity slot.
  • uvi5
    Options
    I copied and pasted into notepad along with some instructions from another member. Thank you so much. I am still seeing all of this as a big mathmatical word equation :lol: I need more coffee! Thanks again!
  • uvi5
    Options
    Those look nummers! I just copied and pasted the link into the recipe builder and clicked import recipe, but it shows the circular icon moving, then stops and then no import?
  • uvi5
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    Those look nummers! I just copied and pasted the link into the recipe builder and clicked import recipe, but it shows the circular icon moving, then stops and then no import?

I put the url into this:
    "Recipe Importer

Let us do the work of organizing your recipe, paste the recipe URL below:"
    and I see nada imported.