Not losing weight? 6 weeks?

Options

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    There is just so much to weight loss and its gonna be different for everyone. I also add herbalife shakes in my diet. Normally breakfast (because I hate eating that early and having to make anything) and sometimes in mid afternoon.

For me I add weight training to my workout. I hate cardio and unless your training for a marathon it isn't the best for your body. I looked back a few more days and as long as its clean eating and not much processed food I think your doing what you can. I never got into the scale so I can't comment on that part of it.

No, there isn't so much to weight loss. It boils down to calories in vs calories out. If you are in a deficit you will lose weight.

Cardio IS good for your body, which is why it is universally reccomended by physicians that adults get regular cardio exercise.

Clean eating has nothing to do with weightloss.

Clean eating has everything to do with weightless. If you put 1500cal of junk vs 1500 of clean food in your body you will lose weight.
    Cardio is good but not just cardio, you need to add weight training.

Uh no. 1500 cals is still 1500 cals whether it is made up of what you call junk or the magical organic unicorn steak. As long as you are in a deficit you will lose.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Clean eating has everything to do with weightless. If you put 1500cal of junk vs 1500 of clean food in your body you will lose weight.

Nope you would lose at the same rate because its cico, thats not to say diet isnt important in terms of nutrition and satiety. If you can back it up from a decent source then go ahead.

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    [

Errrr....this is a full on contradiction then......

1500 cals of junk to 1500 cals of clean....still = weightloss.......you have said it there yourself....so clean eating does not matter......yes its healthier...but not important to weightloss......
  • Mistyfied_MD
    Mistyfied_MD Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation for using a food scale. I'm so glad I got mine. It revealed that I wasn't eating as much veggies as I thought. And they're cheap.

That being said, people that say weight loss is only about calories have never dealt with a metabolic syndrome. For well over 2 years I was exercising and logging my food about every day, but the scales would hardly move, meanwhile the slightest overindulgence packed it back on, so the result was I lost zero pounds for two years. Literally. It was so frustrating. I kept at it though, telling myself that whether I lost weight or not, I was still building healthy habits.

I was later diagnosed with PCOS and fatty liver. Not much to be done about fatty liver except lose weight, but once the PCOS was treated and managed, I began losing weight again.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation for using a food scale. I'm so glad I got mine. It revealed that I wasn't eating as much veggies as I thought. And they're cheap.

That being said, people that say weight loss is only about calories have never dealt with a metabolic syndrome. For well over 2 years I was exercising and logging my food about every day, but the scales would hardly move, meanwhile the slightest overindulgence packed it back on, so the result was I lost zero pounds for two years. Literally. It was so frustrating. I kept at it though, telling myself that whether I lost weight or not, I was still building healthy habits.

I was later diagnosed with PCOS and fatty liver. Not much to be done about fatty liver except lose weight, but once the PCOS was treated and managed, I began losing weight again.

It is still about CICO, it's just the CO portion of the equation changed.
  • Texas_boi
    Texas_boi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of guess work going on, on this post. Clean eating is healthier I don’t see how anyone can argue that, but that is why the term "skinny fat" exist. Come on when your body burn calories you all don’t think "bad" calories and "clean" calories make a difference?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Texas_boi wrote: »
    There is a lot of guess work going on, on this post. Clean eating is healthier I don’t see how anyone can argue that, but that is why the term "skinny fat" exist. Come on when your body burn calories you all don’t think "bad" calories and "clean" calories make a difference?

For nutrition, absolutely (though it's still not "bad"), but not for weight loss.

And skinny fat comes from losing more muscle than fat.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    "Skinny fat" certainly isn't based on food source.

• Texas_boi
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

For nutrition, absolutely (though it's still not "bad"), but not for weight loss.

Exactly so if you eating junk calories and stay under your count what do you think you are losing? I am saying this because everyone was saying it doesn’t matter and to a point that is correct, and truthfully if one ate just junk calories they’d probably lose more weight but is that really a good weight loses?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Exactly so if you eating junk calories and stay under your count what do you think you are losing? I am saying this because everyone was saying it doesn’t matter and to a point that is correct, and truthfully if one ate just junk calories they’d probably lose more weight but is that really a good weight loses?

Why would it be a bad weight loss? Please be specific as to what you think would happen.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

That's why people who follow IIFYM and eating in moderation stress to focus on nutrition, then add treats in. Nobody on here says "eat 1500 calories of just chips, pizza, McDonalds, and chocolate chip cookies".

When you're skinny fat, you usually aren't adding in strength/resistance training or adequate protein to retain your muscle. Even someone who eats "clean" can end up skinny fat.
  • Texas_boi
    Options

Why would it be a bad weight loss? Please be specific as to what you think would happen.

you will lose mostly muscle mass
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yet again we are all in agreement that it is better to eat healthy and not junk all day....we also all agree that CICO is the answer....so lets please not turn yet another helpful thread for a new poster into a slagging match about junk and clean........it happens far to often in these forums....when if you break it down everyone agrees on the same thing........
  • darbz1987
    Options
    Hi im going throw the same thing i seem to lose 3lb then couple days later put 3 back on then lose 3 again i eat quiet clean and eat between 1600 calories and 2000 on eternitive days . I also weight train 4 days a week and do a little cardio. I have noticed that when i took a week of working out i also lost more weight . Its baffling hope it works out for you brad
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,863 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ayaaa! A calorie is a unit of heat. A calorie is a calorie. One exception that I can think of is possibly the calories in nuts, because nowadays there is some talk that we don't manage to extract all of them on the way through our body. Wait a second: that still doesn't change that a calorie is a calorie. It is just a question of how many of those calories get absorbed after you've eaten them. I mean technically maybe you can then say that a clean calorie you don't absorb as fully as a dirty calorie is less of a calorie? But in the end it is still a bleeping calorie : - ) Now I would like to find one person on MFP who is losing weight and eating all their calories in Twinkies and pizzas; but, I bet you that we can find a lot of people who eat the occasional Twinkie, or SLICE of Pizza, or... BTW: I don't recommend that you eat Twinkies on your first week of counting calories; but, I also think it is un-sustainable to decide that you will NEVER eat a damn Twinkie again EVER because it is the food of the devil--hmmm: and I don't even like Twinkies-- maybe I will make some a 1-2-3 cake now : - )