How to tone the back?

Does anyone know how to tone the back area? I tried on my wedding dress yesterday for the first time and I had a bit of back fat :-( which I now want to focus more on losing.

I do bodypump classes twice a week and go running but is there anything I can do to help tone the back.

Many thanks, Kel

Replies

• mom42677
    mom42677 Posts: 7 Member
    Weight lifting heavy with a personal trainer. Back fat is difficult to tone. Also, lots of water in between meals. Push ups at home is a good start. There are these exercises called, overhead pull down bar or free bar, free weight erectors, sitting back rows are also good. It's not easy, but it worth trying. Good luck.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Lift heavy weights
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Body weight exercises are the best. For your back that would wide arm overhand pull ups...But they are not easy so I would suggest doing reverse flyes, or lat pull downs. Do three triple drop sets of any of the exercises and this will tone you and burn off fat because of the intensity.
    Triple drop sets are as follows. Pick a weight you can manaqe for 12-20 reps (you should be struggling at the end of the rep range). Then lower the weight and repeat with no rest, then once more. This is one set. Rest for 1 minute then repeat the whole thing 2 more times.
    There is no set way of removing fat from any area specifically so if you work on toning the area it will help with muscle tightening
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    say 10 hail mary's for using the word tone. Shame on all of you :)
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    You want chin-ups, pull-ups, and a caloric deficit to cut down body fat. Don't worry if you can't do an unassisted chin-up or pull-up. I can't do a dead-hang pull yet either and just training them is building my muscles up. I do negatives and half pull-ups where I jump up partway, pull myself up to the bar, and lower myself slowly back down.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    mike_bold wrote: »

:#
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    You need to a full body resistance training program and eat a little bit less than you burn off regularly for several years and you will eventually see a reduction in back fat.

^
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member

^Thank you^ My thoughts, well, not exactly, but pretty "darned" close.
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member

??? Why??