74 Down and still counting.

MsStang02
MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
It took me a long time to realize the progress that I have made thus far in my journey. I started my journey in march of 2013 soon after finding out I had PCOS (Which was making me gain weight very rapidly). I was faithful to my new way of life (Low carb, low GI, counting calories - love you MFP!- and being active). I took a year off to get other parts of my life in order. I started back up faithfully the beginning of this year, and I am really getting into the groove of it now.

I have a terrible time looking to the mirror and not seeing myself as I was. Only until recently I actually admitted to myself how big I had gotten. I changed my begin weight on MFP to reflect the true number, and was astonished to see 74 pounds lost. But I still looked in the mirror and saw that 289 pound, unhappy, unmotivated, depressed woman. Last night I was going through some pictures and come across a photo (The one below on the left). It was one that I took when I was starting out in my journey at about 270 pounds (19 down). I felt I still looked the same until I pulled a picture I took the beginning of February this year (230). I almost cried. I HAVE lost weight. I am NOT the same person. And to top it off, my PCOS symptoms have subsided. I have also lost another 10-15 pounds since my "during photo".

It has been a long road both physically, mentally and emotionally. I still have a ways to go and I look forward to seeing what my mind and body can achieve. I always was one of those people who thought I could never do it. But I have, and I continue to do so.

Btw, sorry for the pics in my undies. Its just the best way to see my progress.

Thank you to those who took the time to stop and read my post!

start%20and%20during_zpsopfa333m.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!