Fighting the cravings....

Options
HI there! Not new to trying to be faithful to FitnessPal but really fighting the cravings to "munch" while I work online (teach online and do a lot of research while sitting with laptop on lap)...any suggestions for things that have worked for you? I am a little hungry but drinking lots of water...to no avail...trying to create a new routine/habit.

Replies

• LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, jmcdaniel. I, also, work online. My issue is not smoking anymore and now I can't eat instead of smoke. I'm doomed! And I'm hungry. Here's what I've tried that has been helpful: air-popped popcorn, with a tad bit of salt. I sure miss the butter, but I can munch on quite a bit of popcorn without going crazy.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to help with this is PC's Blue Menu butter popcorn. One bag is 100 calories. I like it because it's good and it satisfies the cravings and because it has the allusion that I'm eating a lot of food when I'm not.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I mainly work from home. My home office is right next to the kitchen!

Actually what worked for me was to completely switch things up. I no longer snack or munch. Since I'm at home, I have the luxury to prepare meals during the day. So I eat larger meals 2 - 3 times a day compared to snacking and grazing all day.

For me it works because I am not hungry in between meals. I just drink water and tea to keep myself hydrated.

It might not work if you have blood sugar issues and it will take the body time to adjust, but it has worked really well for me.

Good luck!