Starting over and wanting more energy

I am a 66 year old woman from Central Texas. I am 5'5" and weigh 158. I want to get more active and lose 10-15 pounds. I have a Vivofit tracker and try to get in 8,000 to 10,000 steps per day (just started two weeks ago) My biggest target foods are sweets and chips. I can use all the support and motivation I can get. I am retired and have been a couch potato all winter

Replies

• I'm 61, live in Wyoming, a homemaker, a dog walker and would like to drop 10 pounds. It seems like I always want to lose the same ten pounds. I lost five,last summer but have gained it back. One thing that keeps me from putting food in my mouth is having to log it in the calorie tracker. So, I'm back with myfitnesspal! I eat pretty healthy, but I do have a sweet tooth and love chips. I also love good food, but often make wrong choices. I have noticed that as I get older it is so much harder to manage and to lose the weight! I call it the battle of the bugle. So, hang in there, it takes perseverance!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I'm 62, live in NC, and was doing great until a couple of weeks ago when I got shingles on the left side of my face! I was just about to start and intense exercise class at the Y but can't do it now. I have lost 20 of the 60 pounds I want to lose, so still 40 to go.
  • retiree10
    retiree10 Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you for replying and the support. My latest aha movement came over the weekend. I saw a picture of myself from the side sitting down. Not a pretty picture.

• retiree10
    retiree10 Posts: 14 Member
    Atypicalsmith, a coworker had shingles on his face also, as well as in his eye. I hope you get better soon, it is a terrible illness.