Practical uses for cardio

Tonight I forgot my wallet when I left home and ended up at the grocery store with a full basket and no way of paying. I don't own a car and the walk home was 15 minutes and the store was closing in 30. Could I make it home and back in time?

I walked home as quick as I could, changed into my workout gear and ran back to the store: 1.6k in 8 minutes. I made it and got my groceries. Just goes to show the outcomes aren't just cosmetic.

Peace.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    dang.
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Fantastic!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    How awesome that must've felt! Way to go!!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Fantastic!
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Yes, this n.n

See, I've started working out and I looooathe cardio. It's not that it's too hard... it's too boring (for me). Painfully so, the minutes go by like drops of water on a leaky faucet. And yeah, I was out of breath awfully quick when I started.

HOWEVER, I started making playlist with songs I haven't heard in a while and love... and that really motivated me. I get so excited listening to my songs and guessing which ones are coming next.

And you know what? I can easily do twice (and thrice) as long as before without losing my breath. One gets so much better. I can walk longer distances, take more stairs, etc. I had a little episode similar to yours and I ran quite a bit, with no pauses. And I smoke! (Yeah...)

So clearly it's true that it increases physical well being. Obviously. And it creates more calorie deficit/allowance, which is lovely. But cardio seems to get a lot of bashing... and I think it's because it's not necessary for fat loss, as most people would tend to believe?? I just really hope it's not flat out detrimental to fat loss/muscle gain per se <=/. Because those are really my most desired goals. (The fat loss, specifically. Which is directly related to muscle mass it seems.)
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    It give me a heart attack when i cant find my phone in my pocket. Dang.. !!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,030 Member
    That's awesome! Go you :D
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Brilliant! :-)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    That is an awesome NSV!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    That is impressive!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Neato!
  • techreyes
    techreyes Posts: 25 Member
    Thats pretty B@d@$$!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Nice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!