I CANT STAY OFF THE SCALE!!

everytime I look at it I feel the need to jump on and see if I lost anything! Thankfully I am (for now) but does anyone rlse have this problem?

Replies

• betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    I do, I have to weigh myself daily. I know I'm not supposed to, but what can you do. I try not to let it affect my outlook, and am successful for the most part.
  • anordskog
    anordskog Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    I do! And I'm trying to stop! It has fluctuated so much for me I'm wondering if my scale even works.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    I know that after I start eating and drinking for the day, the scale isn't going to show a lower weight than it did first thing in the morning, so it's not very tempting.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Nope then again my goals are to lose weight but scale wieight is not the scale as fat loss which is really top priority.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    There's nothing wrong with weighing daily, though I don't much see the point in weighing more than once a day unless you're interested in seeing how different foods and activities affect your weight. Any weight difference within one day will be food & water related, not fat.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I do it too. Usually a few times a day. I log new lows only and then use the scale to more or less motivate me to make better choices about food that I might be about to eat.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I do it too. Usually a few times a day. I log new lows only and then use the scale to more or less motivate me to make better choices about food that I might be about to eat.

So then you only really log morning weigh ins then?
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Weighing daily has been kind of a habit, every day in the morning before getting ready for work
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,842 Member
    It might get better eventually after you bought the second set of new batteries :D
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    I do, which is why I took the batteries out of my scale. I only weigh once a month now. If I don't see big losses, I get discouraged.
  • allyxnatara11
    allyxnatara11 Posts: 74 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    It might get better eventually after you bought the second set of new batteries :D
    lol trueeee
  • allyxnatara11
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    I do, which is why I took the batteries out of my scale. I only weigh once a month now. If I don't see big losses, I get discouraged.

thts a good idea i feel the same
  • allyxnatara11
    anordskog wrote: »
    I do! And I'm trying to stop! It has fluctuated so much for me I'm wondering if my scale even works.

soo glad im not alone!
  • allyxnatara11
    betsysjl wrote: »
    I do, I have to weigh myself daily. I know I'm not supposed to, but what can you do. I try not to let it affect my outlook, and am successful for the most part.

very true have to stay positive even when checking everyday
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

So then you only really log morning weigh ins then?

No I don't log every day. I log when my weigh in is at a new low. About once a week. For consistency sake that number has to happen in the afternoon about when I get home from work since that is where I started tracking.

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    everytime I look at it I feel the need to jump on and see if I lost anything! Thankfully I am (for now) but does anyone rlse have this problem?

Cover it up with a towel, then you don't have to look at it.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Numbers wont change...weight loss takes time.
    Just weigh yourself daily at the same time...preferably the morning when you wake up.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    I weigh every morning. I wouldn't dare step on it any other time of day.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    I weigh myself every morning now. I track it in an Excel file and chart a weekly average. My weight fluctuate as much as 5 lbs in either direction but the weekly average is a steady downward trend.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    I don't have a scale at home any more for this reason. I weigh in at the gym on the weekends in the morning.