Long Hair Ladies Question

Options

Replies

• shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have waist-length hair and I do have a specific set for the gym. But I also work out in the mornings, so I need dry hair ties for work afterwards...mine are routinely soaked each day and are impossible to work with, not to mention all gross and sweaty.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I use the same one for everything. They're cheap cloth-covered rubber bands from Walmart. Only time I change is when it gets stretched out.
    bakan8.jpg
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I have hair ties everywhere. I don't think I use the same one twice in a row lol but my head doesn't sweat that much, just my face.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I use Goody brand hair ties. Black skinny ones for clean, everyday use. If I don't have one in my hair, it's on my wrist. I rinse these occasionally.

Thicker, colorful ones for workouts. I can spot them easily, never confuse them with my regular band and throw them in the washing machine but not the dryer because that damages the elasticity of the bands with my workout gear each week.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    I have a small laundry bag that I wash my hrm chest strap and my hair scrunchies in. I wash them 2x's a week.

This - although I never think to wash the actual hair ties I might now - but I wash my headbands and boxing hand wraps in my laundry bag after every use. I have a small bag for gym stuff and a larger bag for bras. Works great.

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I've never even thought about it. Feel a bit gross now!
    Same here...keep the same one on my wrist all of the time so the cats don't steal it!

• kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've never even thought about it. Feel a bit gross now!

Yep, that is kind of how I felt.
  • dagost17
    dagost17 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have cats; I'm not sure the last time I got to use the same hair elastic twice. haha

Yup. And better not even try looking for a bobby pin!

Never thought to use a different. I use the same one until it's stretched out and can't do it's job anymore!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I have thick silicon hair ties for working out because I can put my hair in a bun or brain and it doesn't move. Plus you avoid the whole wet and gross fabric tie.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I throw my hair ties in the wash every so often. However, mine tend to end up in rather unusual places. The other day my 3 yr old put a few in the toilet. It was either the wash or trash after that. I washed them with clothes that were getting bleached and then again with a regular load of clothes.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Mythril wrote: »
    I have cats; I'm not sure the last time I got to use the same hair elastic twice. haha

Yeah. I have seven cats. Hair ties are either closely guarded or lost. I buy the large packs and go through them.

What I want to know is where THE HECK do they go? Am I going to move a piece of furniture and find that underneath of it is a hair tie mountain? Although I clean under the couch and the bed regularly, so idk where else they could go.

Just wait until you move your stove. . .
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mythril wrote: »

Yeah. I have seven cats. Hair ties are either closely guarded or lost. I buy the large packs and go through them.

What I want to know is where THE HECK do they go? Am I going to move a piece of furniture and find that underneath of it is a hair tie mountain? Although I clean under the couch and the bed regularly, so idk where else they could go.

Just wait until you move your stove. . .

Or The fridge.
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options

^^ True life
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mine don't last very long, so I don't worry about it. My hair is somehow waist length right now! Yikes!
    It's just getting destroyed though by the sweat. It's so dry at the ends now that I'm going for a chin length hair cut on Tuesday. Finally frustrated enough to cut it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I only put my hair up when I work out and I use the clear snag free ones from sephora so they're pretty much disposable, they're cheap and hold my hair tight so It won't fall.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wash and dry hair ties and headbands after every use. Got a scalp infection once from reusing a sweaty headband too often....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I keep my gym hair things separate in my gym bag and only use it for working out.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wow...more people use separate hair bands than I thought. Am I gross for not doing so? I just use the tiny thin ones and it doesn't get sweaty. I guess I also have a million lying around so they are rotated often too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Wow...more people use separate hair bands than I thought. Am I gross for not doing so? I just use the tiny thin ones and it doesn't get sweaty. I guess I also have a million lying around so they are rotated often too.

I sweat a lot so it would feel icky to me to use a wet sweaty scrunchie or headband all day.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I put my hair in a long tight braid (french braid to start) - tie is at the bottom - it doesn't get sweaty. The braid is easy to move out of the way for lifting (free weights not machines).