Need advice !

Options
Okay you guys I've been eating high fat low carb foods n I'll take small bites out of some high carb stuff but that's it I work out 4 days out of the week I do Zumba Saturday and Sunday I don't work out only cause I am a server and I'm on my feet for up to 9 hrs even more if I pull a double shift okay now lately I have been weighing myself and I'm stuck on the same number and it's frustrating !!! What can I do to finally drop im getting so frustrated and angry at myself

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Stalls and plateaus can happen, but they don't last forever. Maybe take extra care to weigh your food or stop eating back exercise calories if you do.

You could also try drinking more water. When your body is properly hydrated it won't retain extra water, so you won't see water weight keeping you from making progress.
  • jaorti95
    jaorti95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well the thing is whn I exercise I don't put in her in mfp cause I know it gives you extra calories to eat and I don't like thT so I work out and just continue with whatever calories I have left
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hmm...Have you recently changed your workout routine?
  • jaorti95
    Options
    No not really I do different CDs of Zumba
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If your weight is staying the same then you are eating as many calories as your body is burning on average. It's almost always as simple as that.

Are you honestly logging everything you eat and drink? Are you weighing the food you do eat and measuring liquids? Measuring cups provide a small amount of accuracy for solid foods but not like weighing. You'd be surprised how much of a difference there can be in two different cups of the same food if cut differently. Also how far off serving sizes can be from the package information.
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It just means you need to change something up. Add in some weights, take a new class, or adjust your food intake a bit. It could just be a simple change to get the scale moving again.
  • jaorti95
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    If your weight is staying the same then you are eating as many calories as your body is burning on average. It's almost always as simple as that.

Are you honestly logging everything you eat and drink? Are you weighing the food you do eat and measuring liquids? Measuring cups provide a small amount of accuracy for solid foods but not like weighing. You'd be surprised how much of a difference there can be in two different cups of the same food if cut differently. Also how far off serving sizes can be from the package information.

I don't usually weigh my liquids I always drink water bottles trough out the day. And when it comes down to eating food I always calculate the nutritional value and follow the serving size. Now if it was saying in oz or grams I do weigh my food and I do put in every little thing I eat. Idk what to do about the burning and eating what I burn what do you mean by that?
  • jaorti95
    Options
    It just means you need to change something up. Add in some weights, take a new class, or adjust your food intake a bit. It could just be a simple change to get the scale moving again.

Yeah maybe your right on that change my routine could help
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    jaorti95 wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »

I don't usually weigh my liquids I always drink water bottles trough out the day. And when it comes down to eating food I always calculate the nutritional value and follow the serving size. Now if it was saying in oz or grams I do weigh my food and I do put in every little thing I eat. Idk what to do about the burning and eating what I burn what do you mean by that?

You don't usually need to weigh liquids but some, like salad dressing, have servings noted in grams. Those things I weigh. I'll put the salad on the scale and then pour on the dressing to the proper serving size (usually 28-30 grams). Not only is it more accurate, but you don't dirty a measuring spoon. Win-win!

Your body burns calories during the day. MFP will calculate a daily calorie burn for you based on the information you entered when you created your profile. It will then subtract the calories you need to meet your per week weight loss goal (.5 to 2 pounds) and that's where it gets the number of calories you get to eat each day.

Now, when you exercise your body burns more calories than if you didn't. If you then enter the calories burned during that exercise, MFP gives you more calories to eat that day. If you have a heart rate monitor and enter that number in to MFP, it's the most accurate. If you are picking an activity that seems sort of close to what you are doing, MFP might be way off on the calorie burn it enters. In those cases it's best to be cautious with the number you're given.
  • jaorti95
    Options
    Thank you soo so much!