Coffee cals/sugar HELP

Options
anyone have a healthier alternative to cut down on cals/sugar for coffee??

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    It isn't clear but I think you are looking for an alternative to sugar?

Try Stevia for a sweetener, the coffee itself doesn't have enough calories to be concerned with.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Sugar is only 16 calories per teaspoon. Coffee is pretty much zero calories. what's the problem here?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    How much are you having a day? I have 2-3 cups in the morning and haven't bothered cutting the teaspoon I have in each, it's only 16 cals per tsp. I just work that into my day. If you have a lot more and it's really cutting into your calorie allowance, you could try slowly reducing the amount, or just go cold turkey and ditch it. You get used it the difference pretty quickly. Or try an artificial sweetener.
  • krhoda1
    krhoda1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I only have 1-2 cups a day. My creamer is what kills me. There are some days I go without coffee but just wanted some alternatives
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Milk? Protein to help you out right there. There are also some good recipes online for home made creamers that will keep calories down and avoid added sweeteners.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do 1 Tbsp of Baileys caramel creamer and a dash of Stevia. 35 calories per cup twice a day. I had to ween myself off the ridiculous amounts of creamer I would pour into my cup before I got to this point. I would love to drink it black but ugh just can't!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    You can always drink some diet soda or take a caffeine pill if you just want caffeine without the calories...or like, just take the 30-50 calories and enjoy some good ole coffee with half&half and sugar.

Or yolo it like I do with Vietnamese coffee (~120cal of condensed milk) :mrgreen:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I do 1 Tbsp of Baileys caramel creamer and a dash of Stevia. 35 calories per cup twice a day. I had to ween myself off the ridiculous amounts of creamer I would pour into my cup before I got to this point. I would love to drink it black but ugh just can't!

This^

Try a step down approach. Fake sugars don't taste too bad....but fake fats are still pretty gross.