Options
2»

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    morganmt wrote: »
    I think 21 Day Fix and the new 21 Day Fix Extreme programs are a great option if you're looking to form healthy habits and really dial in on both exercise and nutrition. I agree when others say that you can do your own portion control methods and hit the gym, but I like the idea of having some guidance, especially when first starting out. Actually, there's a Facebook group of people doing the 21 Day Fix together and it's led by the programs' creator Autumn Calabrese. If you're thinking about doing the program, I'd highly recommend joining that group! I can get you more info if you'd like :)

Autumn Calabrese? Is that really someone’s name? It sounds like a fancy Italian sandwich: roasted root vegetables and goat cheese on calabrese bread or something.

Anyway, I don’t think it’s worth the money. MFP is free and it’s a great tool to control portions and caloric intake to lose weight. Also, 1200 is a fairly low number, so I would second the suggestion you change your goal to something less aggressive.
  • astchick
    astchick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On the 21 day fix. Im still using salt and lost 8 lbs my first week . My calories are about 1700 plus. Very generous. Here on mfp they suggest something closer to 1200 even with the exercise. I don't use the containers themselves because I don't quite understand them but I love the workouts. I was going to the gym and doing HIIT but this is much more intense.

I was a beach body naysayer until I heard family members losing weight when i didnt think they had anything to lose. They said it makes them feel stronger. Not every program is for everyone but I find (so far) that this is very easy to follow, Autumn isnt annoying like most workout people and the woman doing the modifiied workouts looks like an average (if not heavier) person. I like that a lot.

Needless to say I needed to take charge of my weight and this comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. All the other beach body prorams ive tried in the past Ive returned. Totally given up and returned. This , going into week 2 is a keeper.

Oh and Im not doing the shakes or the vitamins because Im still nursing and don't feel they can assure me its ok. If you want to give it a try, do it. You will get a lot of support from people in the community.
  • Lindacastellano58
    Lindacastellano58 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a beachbody coach I've done 4 rounds of 21 day fix with shakeology and I lost 20lbs! I love the program.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a beachbody coach I've done 4 rounds of 21 day fix with shakeology and I lost 20lbs! I love the program.

Do you ever go out to eat? I'm legitimately curious about the lifestyle of doing the fix over and over. I understand it forms a habit, but if parties, going out with friends, etc. aren't factored in, it doesn't seem like the best lifestyle change to me.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've done the Fix. It's a great place to start. The book let's you know what containers to subsitute when you go out to eat. Once you get used to it it gets easier to eyeball your portions. The workouts are fun and quick too. I did them in the winter when I didn't want to go out and walk.
  • BraveWingsSheFlies
    BraveWingsSheFlies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the 21-day Fix Extreme as well as the Vegan Chocolate Shakeology. I think the workouts are great as well as the Shakeology. I think this program is great for anyone who needs help with portion control. I personally returned the program for a refund. Portion control isn't my issue. I felt like I was eating way more food than I would normally eat and I wasn't seeing the results I could get by doing my own thing. I count calories and exercise; mostly walking and Jillian Michaels DVDs. It's helped me lose 70+ lbs.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I am thinking of starting 21 day fix wondering if it's worth the money. Any opinions?
    You could save money by buying your own containers and just looking online for free what people eat. As for exercise, there's no specific program that works exactly the same for everyone, so results will differ. It's under $100, but the reality is that EVERYTHING they have on there has been marketed before. So essentially you're just paying $100 for plastic containers. The rest is FREE on the internet to learn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This- you can do it yourself for cheap. However, I agree with people saying "what about day 22!". You need to learn how to eat long term, as I doubt anyone wants to use color coded plastic containers forever.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do it because they don't want to take the time to plan out portions or count calories or find ways to exercise, but it seems like if you can't do that and would rather pay money for it to be done for you, you're not motivated enough to make long-term changes. On the other hand, I'd rather see people take a first shaky step than none at all.