UK Masterchef fans!

How do you get through an episode without gorging on food or throwing a cheffy supper together?!

I've resorted to indoor biking during the programme. Can't eat at the same time!

Replies

• 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    I allow myself a curly Wurly.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    The UK version must be a lot better than the US version, because I haven't noticed it making me want to eat.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Mulled wine poached pears with chantilly cream, baklava and some crumbly delightfulness... Lamb with salsa verde on sweetened lentils... Salmon, cockles, white wine sauce, watercress, some plum pudding thing... Different types of ravioli... Asparagus tips... Mmmmmmm
  • backslider
    backslider Posts: 4 Member
    I succumb totally to the lure of cheffy dinners. Tonight I made lobster, prawn and saffron linguini with bergamot lemon and wild garlic that I picked on my way home from work. 1000 calories of buttery, lemony lobster deliciousness.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Ooo... Yummy! I applaud you!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    I love that show! It's much more foodie focus than the USA version. Aussie version is somewhere in between, but more cosy cosy. Love their masterclass episodes with hands on basic recipes, how to make a great sauce, roast chicken etc. I enjoy all still, haha.

Bout appetite. I watch the UK show as an inspiration and learning. I love to cook, but deep down I know that I don't have the dedication to replicate any but the most basic dishes they feature in that program. So it's not «food» for me...more like artwork :)
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Foamroller wrote: »
    I watch the UK show as an inspiration and learning. I love to cook, but deep down I know that I don't have the dedication to replicate any but the most basic dishes they feature in that program. So it's not «food» for me...more like artwork :)
    Yes, its more about entertainment for me.

Great British Bake Off is torture though. All those cakes!! :open_mouth:

• JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    It's easy not to eat when it's on because I don't have anything remotely as tasty as what they are cooking to tempt me.

• joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    I focus more on the parts of the meal I dont like! but generally I've just finished dinner or pudding by then so not really hungry!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    The UK version must be a lot better than the US version, because I haven't noticed it making me want to eat.

It is, and the Australian version seems to get even better contestants than the UK. The US version is more geared to people who want to be famous.

When I watch, I know up front how it will work, so I have something like cheese and sausage or celery w/ pb ready going in. GBBO, same thing, just use berries and cream or yogurt instead.