Raw till 4 diet

a coworker and I are starting to work out/diet together. We are doing the "raw till 4" with a bit of a twist - by having protein and carbs in the morning and eating raw fruits and veggies the rest of the day. What do you think the right amount of carbs and protein would be right for us to have? Does anyone have any better suggestions for diet? We are both college students, holding down 2 jobs so any healthy alternatives (we would have easy access to) would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Out of curiosity, why a fad diet? Why not just CICO?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    a coworker and I are starting to work out/diet together. We are doing the "raw till 4" with a bit of a twist - by having protein and carbs in the morning and eating raw fruits and veggies the rest of the day. What do you think the right amount of carbs and protein would be right for us to have? Does anyone have any better suggestions for diet? We are both college students, holding down 2 jobs so any healthy alternatives (we would have easy access to) would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I'm pretty sure I would pass out if that was all I ate. This is really just a VLCD/crash diet in disguise.

Why don't you just follow the MFP program? Find an appropriate amount of calories to eat a day and then eat them - no gimmicks and it works!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why a fad diet? Why not just CICO?
    Why would they do something so easy?! :unamused:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    It's a tough approach if you can sustain it. Your selection of raw foods will be limited to just fruits and vegetables and if you're good at being systematic, then fine. But the key here is getting in enough calories per day since vegetables are usually lower in calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Is this the Freelee diet?

Oh dear.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Isn't the Freelee diet HIGH calorie as opposed to VLCD? Don't her and Durianrider advocate lots of food and low fat and protein?

OP, you won't lose weight eating more calories than your body can burn. Weight loss comes down to that very simple principle.

Don't believe everything you hear on the internet.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited April 2015
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    But the key here is getting in enough calories per day since vegetables are usually lower in calories.

As someone who tried a raw diet based on fruits and vegetables, I believe the key here will be not a) cracking and binging or b) lashing out in hunger-inspired murderous rage.

I lasted less than a week.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Is this the Freelee diet?

Oh dear.

You rang?

banana_despicable_me.gif
  • anybodys_fruit
    anybodys_fruit Posts: 17 Member
    Yaaay!!! Raw till 4 (of any variation is AMAZING) before I got pregnant I was doing a loose interpretation of it and never felt better in my life. Not only did I lose weight but I was more fit healthy AND more slender than when I has an eating disorder. Feel free to add me if you like as I am just now returning to MFP after having my baby a few months ago. Feel free to private message me with any questions and I'll try to get back to you ASAP (which isn't always easy with a 4 month old!).
  • Babykeys32
    Babykeys32 Posts: 36 Member
    Hello :) that's awesome that you have support in your co worker!

Personally I tryed raw till 4, I also tried going 100% raw for 30 days. I lasted till day 3.

I think there is something to be said for Rae food but my advice would be that if you wanna lose weight and get the benefits of raw food,just sub one meal...maybe your lunch with a raw meal like a huge raw salad, and maybe replace a snack with a raw alternative like fruit.

Bit I really wouldn't go further then one meal, it isn't nessersary really!

Good luck! Xxx