Macros are wrong gram amounts when setting goals? Very low grams.

Options
I've had this issue before but logging into the PC version of MFP isn't helping this time.

I am from New Zealand and we use kilojoules here which seems to confure MFP.

Anyway I went to change my kj goal to 5500 from 5024 and now the amounts it is giving me for fat, protein and carbs are rediculous. 17g for carbs, 17g for protein and 23g for fat. Those should be more like 32g for carbs, 90-100g for protein and the rest fat according to the macros I am chooing (low carb).

Why am I only being given such small amounts to work with? How can I fix it? It's like this both on the android app and website.

I also have to enter in the value as a calorie amount even though it asks for kj, when changing my daily goal.

I do not have permission to post in the help section, hence the posting it here.

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the "contact us" at the bottom of the page. I wish I could help you--I'm American and we're pretty useless with all that metric stuff. :wink:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Set up custom macros as a % by hand?
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I like to have the macros represented relatively accurately in the program :-). I did the correct percentages, but it is acting as though I only have a few hundred calories to work with.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    I like to have the macros represented relatively accurately in the program :-). I did the correct percentages, but it is acting as though I only have a few hundred calories to work with.
    Sounds like a bug/support issue!

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Phew, I got it to work properly. I had to go and change my units to imperial, and then let MFP guide me rather than choose my own calorie amount. It seemed to get things back to normal and I was then able to change the units back to metric and have the correct gram amounts with my macros :smile:

Thanks very much guys.