The cat is meeting his weight loss goals, now so should I

Options
Semi-anonymous public accountability has worked for my budget problems, so let's see if it works for my weight goals too. B)

About 5 years ago I moved to somewhere I could walk to work, and more importantly somewhere I could no longer pick up drive-thru fast food on the way home. Over the course of the next 3 years, I eventually began walking almost everywhere and cooking most of my own food. In the process I went from 165lbs down to about 148, with a goal of 135 on my 5'1" frame. I plateaued at 148 for a while, managed to get down to just below 145, then life happened and stress eating and less walking got me back up to 150lbs over the past 1.5 years or so.

Now I've decided it's time to re-start my motivation for those last 15 pounds to my goal, which starts with food logging (again, this time in MFP) and getting myself out of the desk chair and onto the elliptical or out for a walk.

My biggest challenge, besides simply moving around, is the late night snacking and the junk food habit. I am a junk food junkie especially for salty, crunchy snacks and most especially if those salty, crunchy snacks are potato chips (mmmmm, Pringles!) Luckily I've just about finished off the last bag of potato chips, and after that I'll put the buying on hiatus for a while. In the meantime, my favorite seasonal apples are available so an apple, some cheese, and a bit of fancy local smoked ham seems to be an acceptable replacement.

My FitBit is charged, my meal plan is written, and my fridge is packed with healthy food for the week, so wish me luck as I start back down the weigh loss path!

(As for the cat - about 3 weeks ago he went to the vet for a checkup and weight loss plan. He weighed 19.77lbs, with a target goal of 15lbs. He's already down 1lb after cutting back his calories a bit and poking him until he plays a bit more each day, so good for him!)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Woo for the cat! And good for you :D You got this!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful about snack foods, I tend to do a lot of mindless eating, so I know how that goes, and be wary of the fat in cheese (depending on how you choose to lose :grin: ). Best of good luck to you and the cat!
  • MegletRamblesOn
    MegletRamblesOn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

And yes, Afura, I hear you on the cheese. For now it's still a better option than potato chips, especially since I mostly eat pre-sliced cheddar so it's reasonably easy to stick to decent portions.