36 days in, 20.2 lbs down with 43.8 lbs left to my first goal!

Options
I'm not new here nor am I new to weight loss.

I was a fat kid, a fat teen and I topped out at 220-ish before starting to work on the weight at age 17. Lost the weight over a span of a year and hung out around 143-155 for around a decade. Lost my job/ declared bankruptcy/ lost my house in late 2008 and regained it all in a few months. Started losing weight again in early 2010, then found out I was pregnant. Ended up with preeclampsia and an emergency c-section at week 35/36. Stuck in the hospital for another 10 days. Was out of the hospital for 3 weeks and had already lost 70 lbs (I was in serious trouble during my pregnancy, my legs had pitting edema and I was under the care of a cardiologist who I had to see weekly. At one point, she mentioned that there was a possibility I would need a heart transplant.) Anyhow, just three weeks after, my cardiovascular issues had pretty much resolved themselves, it was all pregnancy related. BUT, then one day our daughter just never stopped crying. So, just a few weeks after she was born we were back in the hospital, where they ran tests and then sent us by ambulance to a children's hospital. She was in the children's hospital for another two weeks. Fortunately, she was lucky to outgrow what could have been a serious chronic condition. But, she was a very unhappy baby. Caring for her was emotionally taxing as she didn't want to be held and cried/fussed nearly constantly. I couldn't even tell when she was teething because she never really had a good day. Finally around 12 months old she started to get over one condition which left her on just one medication instead of three. By 18 months, she was finally 'normal'. I'm lucky, it could have been worse, but there was simply no way to even think straight.

I tried losing the weight seriously in 2012, but got discouraged when my husband sold my treadmill. I had been putting 3-8 miles a day on it, and then it was just gone. I couldn't stand the deficit without the exercise to make it more tolerable. I could have found another solution, but, at that point for some reason I thought, "if he doesn't care, why should I?"

Anyhow, here I am again. This time I'm walking at the park. Can't sell the park, right? I've got my diet figured out, plain old calories in, calories out. I try to eat mostly meat and vegetables/fruit, but you'll see some junk in my diary.

I do have friends on here, but, I know this is where a lot of new people come to find friends, so you can friend me if you would like.

I don't have an agenda, I'm not selling any supplements, training videos or any of that silliness. I do have a blog, but, it's more for me to look back at and see what I was doing and when and what my results were. I'm not overly inspiring. A couple nights ago I spent too much time ranting about pizza.

So, there you have it, I approve pretty much all friend requests, I just unfriend if you haven't been online in over two weeks or start trying to sell me something.. lol My diary is open, so you can see what I've been eating the last month to lose 20 lbs if you're looking for ideas.

Replies

• jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's been fun so far. Looking forward to the next 10 lbs.