Intermittent Fasting - 8 hour feeding - looking for a partner

I am interested in partnering up with a female who is over 50 and successfully doing the daily 16/8 fasting. I have done it for a while and I lost 10 lbs but I need a bit of encouragement and suggestions and would like to find a diet partner to connect with on MFP.

Replies

• lnt3083
    lnt3083 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been intermittent fasting for a few months now and have gotten great results along with cardio, strength training, and a decent diet of course. I almost feel like I'm cheating. Oh..sorry..I'm not over 50. Yep..I'm just 40.
  • Natacha73
    Natacha73 Posts: 2 Member
    Clelea, I'm trying to jump in myself. I'm 41. Does that age gap pose a huge difference? I'd love some support as well. Everything on the Internet doesn't offer much positive info on the topic of female fasting. I started last wk myself and with all the extra water intake I lost 5 lbs in my first wk. now with all this negative info I'm gathering I'm beginning to wonder if I'm setting myself up for disappoint. I'm not great at tracking food at moment. So I'm jumping back on MFP to make sure my macro intakes are good enough to sustain workouts. I try to do boot camp type classes 3xa wk.
  • josiereside1
    josiereside1 Posts: 199 Member
    Can I join in here?? I will be 50 in August... eeeekkk!! Anyway, I am hypothyroid so not only have I not been able to lose successfully but have been gaining. I need to try something ! I just started this yesterday. Just started tracking calories today!
  • laurajr123
    laurajr123 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I'm 57 and on my 6th week of IF while in ketosis. I've lost 14 lbs and have 20 to go. I'm eating 1100 calories a day and most days have to force down the last 200 calories. On the ketosis diet I'm eating 10% carb 20 protein and 70 fat. I'm never hungry but still in the ajustment stage of ketosis.