want to lose 1 stone in 1 month

Options
Its gonna be hard and a tough month but i really am fed up of seeing the same digits on my scales everyweek. So i hope i will get your support and tips on anything i can do to keep me motivated and my willpower running for the whole journey. I am now 12.6 stones (175ibs) and my short term goal is to lose 14ibs in one month. Please help guys.

Replies

• Loveyoustar
    Loveyoustar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've just lost a stone in a little under a month. I eat 1470cals a day and never go over. Lots of walking.

You can do this. Good luck
  • pixzichix
    pixzichix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    with enough determination, you could do it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying for a 3-4 lb a week loss? Why not 1 lb a week loss instead? And maybe set up fitness goals versus a scale #, especially since the scale is unreliable?

Why not come up with fitness goals like running X amount 3 days a week, or cutting down the time it takes you to complete x miles. Or weight/lifting goals? Things like that.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying for a 3-4 lb a week loss? Why not 1 lb a week loss instead? And maybe set up fitness goals versus a scale #, especially since the scale is unreliable?

Why not come up with fitness goals like running X amount 3 days a week, or cutting down the time it takes you to complete x miles. Or weight/lifting goals? Things like that.

^^^ this

ask yourself what you want the most, from these two options:

- to lose14lb in one month

- to lose all the fat you need to lose, and keep it off for life

you can only choose one, not both. Which one do you choose?

If you chose the second one, then change your goal. Take the fat loss slowly, and do it in ways you know you can stick to for life. Don't deprive yourself of food you enjoy. Set your goal to lose 1-2lb a week (or 0.5-1lb if the 14lb you want to lose in a month is the only fat you have to lose) and stay within your calorie goal, but without depriving yourself of anything that you really want... just make the portions smaller so you stay within your goal. And rather than cut foods out of your diet, focus on adding things in to ensure you get enough protein, healthy fat, vitamins, minerals and fibre. And enjoy what you eat. Don't force yourself to eat stuff you don't like and don't deprive yourself of foods that you love, just make the portion sizes suitable to stay within your calorie goal.

Find a way to exercise that you really enjoy. Focus on doing well at that exercise, e.g. lifting more weight, running further, getting really good at martial arts - whatever goal is relevant to the exercise that you choose. When you focus on this, plus eating a healthy diet and staying within your calories, and getting lean and fit will just happen. And you'll enjoy it a lot more than if you force yourself through a restrictive and torturous program to try to lose an unrealistic amount of weight in one month.

Focus on the long term, and on sustainable changes, and on sticking to it for life, and it doesn't matter if you take longer to get to your goal weight doing it that way, because you're going to stay there for life.
  • hijabraza
    hijabraza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just like you want to loose weight quickly. It happens but once u get there and go back to your normal life it gain back. It takes long but best is follow your calories and exercise. Drink 8 glasses of water. It is slow but is permeant because food you choose can last all your life.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options