University student trying to lose weight

Options
Hey! So I'm a 25 year old university student trying to lose some weight. I'm pretty honest with my self in the sense that I live a sedentary lifestyle. I've always put school before anything else (boys, friends, life) and that has served me well but I'm unhappy with me. I've gained 20 pounds in the last 4 years from inactivity/stress eating and it doesn't help that I'm in sweat pants all the time so I don't even notice the weight gain till I'm going out and my jeans don't fit. 20 pounds on a 5'2" frame is a huge difference!! Grad is in June and I'd like to lost 10 pounds by then. anyways I'm looking for some motivational friends in the same situation? Or not the same situation, It doesn't matter really, just support. SW: 142 CW: 149 GW:130.

Replies

• cruisingthrough
    cruisingthrough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well I'm in college as well! I'm 20 and I've been on an on and off fitness journey since like 10th grade of high school. Right now I'm almost at the heaviest weight i was ... Although a lot of that I'm proud to say is now muscle. But when I first started losing weight j did it in an awful way. Add me if you'd like maybe we can help keep each other on track :)
  • SilentMelody
    SilentMelody Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student too graduating in August and looking to lose weight by graduation. Granted I have a lot more to lose :wink: but support is support lol I'll add you and anyone else that wants to add me is more than welcome to.
  • Slothbob
    Slothbob Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that I'm not alone!! Added you two. Do you guys know what I mean when I say I feel like I've always "been on a diet"? Nothing ever came out of it but like as a girl I had to say it or something. Anyways, yes, let's do this!!
  • Crogirl_22
    Crogirl_22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose.. please dont fall for the typical diets, nowadays shown everywhere...go for lower cals than your body needs..not to low... then do a strength routine and some cardio, regularly, several times a week.. that should be organized individually by your time and body types...if you want to lose fat, not just weight, you need muscles, otherwise, during a diet the body will always burn muscles first, to decrease the energy needs, as you are giving it less cals.. in the end you lost weight, but more muscles than fat.. little fat .. and you are in an even worse situation, as you will put even more fat on, due to the decreased amount of muscles, as I think, thats the reason why people get even more weight after they lost, its so simple.. if you know how the body works ;)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I seem to be one of the rare ones who managed to lose a lot of weight being at University, rather than pile it on! Good luck, you have plenty of time! Make sure you're eating at a deficit, eat healthy too to keep you fuller for longer (veggies and protein), and go for a little walk between study sessions, just to get yourself more active. Good luck!
  • MissVis2015
    Options
    Same situation here! Would you mind me adding you?
    The hardest part for me is to stop "snacking" or having just a little bite of something out of boredom (which can happen easily during boring lectures) and my weakness are definitely cakes and chocolate. :(
    Now I want to be more active and move a lot more e.g. I'm thinking of taking my bike to go to Uni instead of the tube.
  • mollymuscle
    mollymuscle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm a university student too! i'm a rower so i do a lot of exercise, but alcohol & mindless snacking has meant i haven't lost much weight yet - gained masses travelling on my gap year and am trying to get back to what i consider my 'normal' weight. support would be great :smile: