Weight lifting tracking

Options
My usual workout takes somewhere between one to one and a half hour, and a lot of it is weights. I do jumprope and crunches etc. for cardio and I do bench press and a whole lot of free weight reps. When i log the weights reps in as strength training it doesnt count it as calories burned. The free weights I do are sort of cardio ish, how should I add this? My weight routine is good, but tips are always good :)

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    As long as I keep my rests really short, <30 seconds, I enter the time as circuit training.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Enter strength training in the cardio section instead.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't log my strength training on here, I use an app called Fitness Buddy. It has all the lifts and strength training exercises in it. The way I see it is, my strength training is purely for upping my weights - not to burn calories, and without logging it I get a few bonus burned calories without the temptation to eat them back. A lot of people on my feed just log 1 calorie and then list what they do to update their friends.
  • McKittyJane
    McKittyJane Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My strength training is mainly to up my weights too, but I try to combine as much as possible in one excersise.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I don't log my strength training on here, I use an app called Fitness Buddy. It has all the lifts and strength training exercises in it. The way I see it is, my strength training is purely for upping my weights - not to burn calories, and without logging it I get a few bonus burned calories without the temptation to eat them back. A lot of people on my feed just log 1 calorie and then list what they do to update their friends.

Although I don't use that program I keep my strength training as gravy and don't eat it back as well
  • newport3158
    newport3158 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training.