Options
cwolsey
cwolsey Posts: 9 Member
How often does everyone weigh in?

Replies

• Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Once a week on the same day (Friday unless I forget) in the a.m.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning, just before or after shower, and log on http://www.weightgrapher.com/graphs
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I weigh everyday, some people weigh weekly, some weigh monthly, some don't weigh at all. Different approaches work for different people, find what works for you.
  • mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It is up to you. But make sure you are consistent when it comes to picking you weigh moment. I prefer to weigh every morning after my bathroom break the moment i wake up. And i log it in my app.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Weigh according to what suits your personality.
    There is no right and wrong frequency, but be sure to be consistent i.e same scale same place same time same conditions.

Understand how fluctuations work.
    Realise its just data, so charting it helps as you are looking for a trend.
    Use other measures to chart progress, such as tape measure, how your clothes feel, he mirror and performance measures from the gym.

Dont le it rule you.
  • Gel_W91
    Gel_W91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, log weekly
  • geoffhare1
    Options
    Tuesdays weekly for me lost another 2lb this week :) yippee it's the best thing I ever did join Fitness Pal....Really motivates me....Such a versatile programme
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2nd thing ever morning before coffee. Weight fluctuates for various reasons but the trend is what matters to me. I log weight and blood pressure daily in a spreadsheet.
    There is also a column for weight--5 day rolling average. As long as the rolling average is going down I'm happy. Update weight in MFP once per week.
  • kirstfk
    kirstfk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ive very quickly stopped weighing daily as it depressed the hell out of me when my weight went up after I had a 'good' day and was very strict with myself! I now try just once a week (occassionally twice) to level out lets just call it ladies differences!
    I agree though that it is up to the individual and if you are happy logging daily then go for it!
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I typically weight on Sunday morning, as once weekly seems enough for me to see any sort of change rather than the "darn.." of every day.