Options
cwolsey
cwolsey Posts: 9 Member
How frequently does everyone weigh in?

Replies

• nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your goals are. What are your goals?
  • cwolsey
    Options
    I'm pretty muscular but also have a good amount of body fat, I'd like to lose 25lbs while building some and firming alot.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't like to weigh often. A lot of people weigh daily or weekly, but typically its just preference. It also depends on if you are the type of person who will get brought down by the scales if there happens to be an increase from one day to the next. For me I'm not too interested in the scale at this point in my journey. I know I'm doing what I need to do to lose weight and I know it works so I am fine with just watching my body change and not worrying about the scale. I will probably weigh monthly or so, but you just have to see what works best for you.
  • its_whisper
    its_whisper Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every two weeks. A lot of people weigh themselves once a week.
  • cwolsey
    Options
    Awesome advice! Thanks
  • nancyjay__
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When I started working out to "build muscle" I weighed 115 lbs and was a tiny fragile thing that wore a 1. Almost sickly. Halfway through my journey i went up to 130 then When i went into my first competition I was 125lbs 15% body fat (which was high for the comp but besides the point :/ ). My point is that if you want to build muscle I wouldn't focus on weighting yourself as much as measuring. Measure waist, chest, arms etc... Size matters more than weight is what i mean
  • cwolsey
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you, how long have you been at it? Do I just use a normal measuring tape? Ou and any tips to add to my non existent butt!?
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The more is better however I think the best amount of time weighing in is how much you are comfortable with. You will see a trend (up and down a couple of kilos is normal but it will trend one way or the other eventually so do not be discouraged). It is how often you find comfortable. You also may bloat so if inch/cm don't worry either that will also trend.
    As you can tell constant can mess with your head but if you are being consistent in eating/exercising it will go well.
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other week. The actual weight fluxuates through the day. Get a body tape measure. It'll let you know when you're losing body fat and gaining muscle better.

15x3hxfsf585.gif
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    cwolsey wrote: »
    Awesome! Good for you, how long have you been at it? Do I just use a normal measuring tape? Ou and any tips to add to my non existent butt!?

Lifting consistently for about 2 years. Yes a regular measuring tape. You have to give yourself time to actually record differences though. I would measure every two weeks weigh once a month only because I wanted to make sure my calorie deficit was working if not my coach and I had to adjust. And for a butt COMPOUND excersises. Squats, deadlifts and isolate hamstrings, quads work lower back etc etc. You just have to focus on lower body muscles just like you would on upper body.

Never skip leg day
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    Also maybe invest in getting your body fat taken just to give you a starting point and measure that too!
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly (or once every two weeks). I don't see the point of weighing daily, unless you have some kind of medical issue that requires it. Otherwise, what's it going to tell me? "Oh, my water weight has increased by a pound, I must've gone heavy on the salt yesterday."
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I weigh weekly (on Wednesday) and I measure my inches once a month.
    Good luck on your fitness journey!!