Starting at 360 pounds. Ready to get going!

Hey everyone. I'm writing this as I am ready to get serious and commit to this weight loss journey so I can be fit and healthy. As the title states, I'm starting at 360 pounds, with about 220 to lose I have a long road ahead so I'm looking for support and also any tips or advice would be great. If there's anyone out there with similar stats that are looking for friends, feel free to add me, or anyone else out there regardless of starting weight, I'd love to connect with more of you :)

Replies

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Come check out the 300+ group, there's quite a few people with simiar goals and stats.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1140-300

My biggest reccomendation is to eat what MFP reccomends (not 1,200 calories per day) and target to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Then start exercising. It's tougher to exercise at that weight (I know b/c that's where I started 4 months ago), but it gets easier as your body gets accustomed to the higher activity level; in the same breath, don't try too much and ease into the exercise.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    I really liked the thread "What do you wish you had known", lot of good things to keep in mind - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10128979/what-do-you-wish-you-had-known#latest
    My best advise is like ScrAgnX, eat the calories MFP gives you, don't think you need the 1200 calories, because we weigh so much (recorded highest weight I had was 355) we need more calories (and it seems backwards, but I lose better when I eat my calories).
    Remember that MFP's exercise calories can be a good deal off (and equipment is not always calibrated correctly)
    Fad things don't work, quick skinny does not work
    Do a lot of reading, if you see something interesting on MFP research it!
    It's going to take time, and it's going to frustrate you at times, it does to almost all of us, that's life too. Time to put on, time to take off.
    You're not on a diet. Diets mean you can quit, that you can give up, that it's temporary. You are taking charge of your life and making a change to your life.
    If you want something, make sure you appropriate what you need in your macros to make it fit. I still have chocolate, and I'm good
    Don't beat yourself up over mistakes or a bad day, the important part is not giving up. Things get easier as you keep going, there's so much to learn and to remember that there are going to be times when you go over your macros. Don't lose heart.