Tea for one

Options
2»

Replies

• mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My two choices lately are Stash Mojito Mint with Matcha and Numi Organic Tea Emperor's Puerh Black Tea. I really like the Mojito Mint tea as iced tea as well.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I can mail you some samples if you let me know what looks good to you. Here's what I have.
    http://steepster.com/Marzipan/cupboard
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Tea is my current obsession, lol. I prefer to buy loose leaf as it's generally cheaper and better quality. I love earl grey, or lavender earl grey (sometimes called lady grey). Chai, chai blends or flavored chais are great. I have this delicious tea called Marie Antoinette's rose tea that is to die for.
    Nina's?
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've been a tea addict for years but I didn't care about the kinds of tea that much. Any tea would do.

But recently I've developed love for Chinese teas. I treat myself and my family members to a small ceremony or two pretty much every day. There's something really nice and calming about pouring all that water and drinking tea from little cups. There are a lot of different teas and some of them can be a major turn off for a first time drinker (I did not discover love for ripe pu-erhs from my first cup for sure). But popular oolongs like Tieguanyin and Da Hong Pao or white tea Bai Mudan are nice safe first tries. Jin Xuan (Milk Oolong) is one of the most popular Chinese teas and it really does smell attractive but I personally stay away from it because, unlike all other teas in the list, this one is artificially aromatised. I get my Chinese teas from yunnansourcing personally. They are reasonably priced and reliable. Tea sold in big shops and supermarkets is usually of very poor quality.

I also really enjoy herbal teas that I put together with the plants in our garden and forest nearby. They are light, aromatic and super calming.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Love tea. Have a loose leaf lavender-mint that is good for relaxation and to relieve headaches but my go-to recently is Tetley green tea with mango, passion fruit and acai. Delicious!!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Been enjoying a vanilla chai lately. Kind of like having a sugary treat without the calories!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I just visited Glenn's Tea Shoppe, a gem here in central Alberta, and came back with several tea balls, Jasmine and 1,000 day flower, and "Cloud Forest Rainbow White Tea" and Vanilla Chai from the Metropolitan Tea Company.

1000-day-flower-tea_Amaranth-Blossom.jpg
    Is that the place at Gasoline Alley?
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I drink iced tea, infused overnight in cold water then served with ice and a spoon of raw sugar and a slice of lemon or a shirt of the lemon juice stuff in a bottle.