What do I actually weigh?!

Options
Hi all, I struggle with determining what I actually weigh. I suffer from a lot of PMT and water retention, some months for 3 weeks in a row, others a few days. I go down to 61.1kg post time of the month then it creeps back up to 61.9 then 62.2/5kg. How do I tell what I actually weigh?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There isn't one number. Your weight varies throughout each day, and changes as a result of many other factors. Relying solely on what the scales say is not helpful.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself?
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I also get crazy pre-menstrual water retention, one time I was carrying 10lbs of water for nearly a week! so I only weigh myself once a month, the day after my period ends. That's what I consider my 'actual' weight.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have so many different weights in a week i dont rely on the scale; i rely on how my clothes fit me lol. If you have this problem often try measuring something else. Like body fat? Or inches?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,906 Member
    Options
    www.weightgrapher.com AND www.trendweight.com AND tape measurements can be your friends!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've just posted this on another thread
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Doesn't matter .. human beings don't have a true weight, we have a weight range (generally around 3lbs)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You actually weigh between 61.1and 62.5kg.
    When you lose a bit more you may weigh between 58 and 59.5kg.

Get used to having a weight range or maintenance will drive you bonkers!