Suspect Hip Bursitis - what's the best way to keep weight off?

Jen_ht
Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
So I'm going to a physio today to try and find the actual cause but from everything I've read, this seems to be the most likely cause of my pain. I'm in constant pain on the left side of my hip, with restricted movement when raising my knee beyond a certain point. Interestingly, if I push through the pain point, it actually gets better again.

I'm massively frustrated as the lack of being able to run, or even walk a decent distance, and it's showing in my recent weight gain. I'm not a member of a gym, but willing to find a cheap one if it's the best option.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and have any suggestions?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Calorie deficit is necessary for weight loss.
    I have a broken fibula so I really can't do anything.

Lower impact cardio might be an option for you. Elliptical, arc trainer. also yoga
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Well making an appointment with a physio would have been my default advice, but you're ahead of me there!
    Avoid anything that causes pain. Lower impact stuff like swimming and the elliptical may be easier on your hip but I would always err on the side of caution. I know it's horrid having to rest when you enjoy exercise, but the last thing you want is a chronic injury that could have been avoiding through proper treatment.