Weekends are killing me

Options
13»

Replies

• DizzyFC
    DizzyFC Posts: 1
    Options
    That's alot of individuals issues. Many people like to cram in the gym during week and drink the weekend away and we all know that with drinks comes food. Not too many are mindful of what they eat neither I mean who wants to eat something healthy when you're pounding them back. Alcoholic calories do add up very quickly per serving because alot of us don't drink an oz. Or whatever the per serving is in one sitting. For one that is a custom to having a few drinks a night I would say switch the hard liquor to light in example instead of rum and coke maybe a light beer to start . If you try to go cold turkey you probably will binge. Top athletes still have their nacks for toxins but I'm sure it's in moderation. Everyday we wake up is a celebration .. we should celebrate health and longevity .. not to the point that we can't roll out of bed and to drink gatorade/pop advils. Once you get a threshold on the alcohol you Will feel alot better especially when you're in shape it will probably stray you away from it slowly to see and feel how it hinders your performance. Good luck my brother !
  • mattyb0ysykes
    mattyb0ysykes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update on this because i'm sure you are all fascinated by what happens to me at a weekend ;)

I took it easier last weekend but did have a few voddys and a slice of pizza on the Friday. When I weighed myself on the Sunday i nearly fainted when i had put on 5lbs!!! Wtf?! However...

Just before i gave up on the whole thing i did a bit of research into weight fluctuation.

http://greatist.com/health/understanding-scale-bloat-and-weight-loss

This is what happens to me.!! Which explains the whole 'weekends are killing me'. Its just water retension!

Weighed myself after footy on Monday and i was back down 5lbs again.

Long story short, i am now only going to weigh myself once a week from now on

Hope your all succeeding in your efforts! :smile:

This is why I weigh on Friday mornings.

Good idea. Maybe even fortnightly.

Thanks again for the advise/feedback guys.

• lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm 31 and I have no kids, most of friends are still child free and our weekends tend to involve plenty of boozing. Not to say that we don't do plenty of non drinking activities too - but at this age every weekend is a wedding, hen do, 30th birthday, long weekend away, uni reunion etc, especially in the summer with BBQs added to the mix every time the sun comes out! But I just try to drink healthier drinks , G&T is my drink of choice anyway so it is pretty easy. I also try and get as active as I possibly can during the day with running, walking or bike riding, and when I go out I dance dance dance! Also avoid the post night out junk food. It is totally possible to loose weight while having a fun lifestyle like this. Giving up social events will make you miserable. xxx