Ranch dressing replacement...What is your favorite salad dressing??

Options

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    erasure999 wrote: »
    Salsa or a lite amount of Oil & Vinegar

Duh, how could I forget the salsa! If you like salsa, mix it half and half with ranch--fiesta ranch deliciousness, LOL!
  • carriefit7
    Options
    jla2983 wrote: »
    Hello! Prior to my healthy lifestyle change I would eat hidden valley ranch on my salads. It is not the healthiest choice! I switched to low fat and fat free ranch and did not like them. What is your favorite salad dressing homemade or store bought? I have tried plain vinegar and oil on my salads and do not like it either... I am hoping to find a healthy ranch dressing replacement. Please help! ;)

• carriefit7
    Options
    try opa greek yogurt feta dill flavor
  • eeversma
    eeversma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started using the Ken's Steak House Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing. It's 100 Cals per serving but I can eliminate adding cheese my salads because of the taste so it's a pretty good swap if you like blue cheese.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use manderin orange slices juice it gives just the right kick!!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I top my salad with a dollop of greek yogurt and a dollop of cottage cheese. If my salad would be complimented with southwest flavor, I'll add some salsa too.

I loved Ranch and my waistline was good evidence of that, but it's been almost of year of my counting calories and I still can't bring myself to spend that many calories on Ranch dressing. A stupid small portion of Ranch dressing defeats the whole point of Ranch dressing.
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my tips: Mix one serving of ranch dressing (2 TBSP) with as much red wine vinegar as you want. then pour the dressing over your salad, cover (with plastic cover or wrap - i like to use press and seal) and shake to make sure the dressing coats the entire salad. when you shake it, you will find that you don't need as much dressing. i LOVE a well-dressed salad, and i have cut sooooo many calories supplementing dressings with vinegar and shaking the salads to coat them.
  • Bridge_912
    Bridge_912 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use regular ranch but less than normal and add red wine vinegar. Its such a yummy combo and helps the ranch spread.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    jmeprich wrote: »
    my tips: Mix one serving of ranch dressing (2 TBSP) with as much red wine vinegar as you want. then pour the dressing over your salad, cover (with plastic cover or wrap - i like to use press and seal) and shake to make sure the dressing coats the entire salad. when you shake it, you will find that you don't need as much dressing. i LOVE a well-dressed salad, and i have cut sooooo many calories supplementing dressings with vinegar and shaking the salads to coat them.

Not sure how I'd like the vinegar tip, but I shake my salads too. It really does decrease the amount of dressing I need.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    257_Lag wrote: »
    Huge fan of Bolthouse Farms here! Most are around 45 for 2 Tbl. (I know the ranch is 45, it's always in the fridge) In the refrigerated section near the produce usually. My fav is the Caesar Parm. Yum!

Wanted to second this one because I always have these at the house. Both the Bolthouse Caesar and Ranch dressings are sooo good. I actually like the Bolthouse better than Hidden Valley.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    flavored balsamic vinegar. mmmmm
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I prefer two story dressing ever since taking up weight loss
  • nikkym08
    nikkym08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I mix hidden valley ranch in the packet (powder), greek yogurt and almond milk! YUM
  • Cindeeee
    Cindeeee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I squeeze lemon juice and shake pepper onto my salads. So far, everyone that tries it likes it.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Ken's has a light options parmesan peppercorn that is really good and only 80 cals per serving.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am in the packet with plain greek yogurt camp
  • kettouji
    kettouji Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I came on here because I'm a Ranch dressing fanatic, and these options are fantastic. Has anyone tried FF cottage cheese with a hidden valley packet? That sounds delicious, and is going on the grocery list lol
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a ranch lover, so no replacement for me. I did find a recipe for "healthier" ranch using plain greek yogurt instead of milk and mayo... it's pretty good but too much of a hassle for me.

I also like Italian dressings and sometimes, with the right ingredients, you don't even need it. Try making a salad with a lot of tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and lemon juice... It's flavorful and moist enough that it feels like you are using dressing.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It just doesn't taste as good without ranch. What I did was start tossing the salad with a predetermined amount of dressing rather than just pouring it on. You get less ranch flavor with less dressing, obviously, but if you coat evenly you get it in every bite. This actually works better for me since I hate getting a huge glob of dressing.