Slimming world!

Options
staceythomas29
staceythomas29 Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I've recently started on Slimming World again and just looking to see if any other people who are doing the slimming world plan have any tips?

If anyone has any good recipes or syn free foods they recommend that would be great!

Replies

• donacairns
    donacairns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Syn free sausages:

1 pack extra lean pork mince
    3tsp dried sage
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper

1-2 packs bacon medallions

Very very simple;
    Mix together the first 4 ingredients in a mixer (or by hand if you prefer,)
    Roll even amounts into sausage shapes and wrap in a bacon medallion.
    Place on a baking tray covered in greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins on a med heat.

Serve with syn free mash, peas, and syn free gravy (2 oxo in a pint of boiling water.)

Hope it helps.

I also have a syn free scanbran carrot cake recipe which is pretty darn good as far as scan bran goes, and you can eat the whole thing as HEb if you like. Will dig it out if you want it.
  • staceythomas29
    Options
    Thankyou! The syn free sausages sound great, will definitely try!
    Would love the syn free scanbran carrot cake recipes if you wouldnt mind
  • donacairns
    donacairns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Will dig it out for you this eve.
  • RobynKinnaird
    RobynKinnaird Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You can convert any meal into slimming world friendly - it's all about re educating yourself - I eat steak pie every week
    -Extra lean diced steak browned with mustard powder, salt & pepper
    - transfer to slow cooker or oven proof dish
    - 2 oxo cubes in required water for 1 cube & tbsp of Worcester sauce
    - Handful of lentils
    - Pour over meat & slow cook for 8hrs or until lentils dissolved
    - Use lighter puff pastry or filo or to keep it syn free use swede & carrot mash for top.
    ive lost 4st 3 on it & have tonnes of recipes ☺️
  • l_muirsage
    Options
    Iceland! Syn free ready meals including sausages :) x great meals too and good portions x pick the S and P foods first x
  • staceythomas29
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and recipes guys! Very helpful x
  • baby_firefly_666
    baby_firefly_666 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I joined just under a week ago. You would be surprised over how much different stuff you can eat! That's why I love it so much, because I don't feel deprived like I do on every other diet or way of losing weight. I really like slimming world's overnight oats recipe (layers of fat free yogurt, oats and fruit left in the fridge overnight).

Also my favourite syn free meal is sweet potato wedges with grilled chicken and roasted vegetables, followed with a syn free dessert of muller light yogurt and frozen berries. I find instagram to be really helpful by following tons of different slimming world members who post their meals or recipes daily, it helps me to stay motivated :)