Yes, you should be deadlifting!

Options

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You ladies. My DL is only 200. I haven't tested it in awhile but this dang deficit is just no help. So over it.
    Ah, yes. I've only been lifting over this winter, in a slow bulk, and got up to 1 x 150 (I'm 52, not that that should matter). Started a cut a few days ago, and I couldn't believe how soon I could feel my ability drop. I did several sets of 3-5 reps at 115, a couple sets at the top at 135, but there was no way I could've done more weight. My trainer said that yes, you can feel the effects of a cut really quickly. I thought it'd take a couple weeks. I'm happy that I can do reps at 135, though, considering I started with the bar and two 5-pounders to raise it off the ground. I couldn't even use the 10-pound rubber plates in the beginning.

While I'm excited to see if my cut will result in fat loss and more muscle definition, it IS a bummer to see my ability to progress stalled. Can't wait till next fall's bulk, I hope to get my deadlift into the 200's a year from now. Patience, grasshopper!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Love hearing these deadlift PRs from the ladies!

Me too sir
    Ladies
    {insert little rascals miss high five gif}
  • LouTass84
    LouTass84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did deadlifts for the first time with my personal trainer on Wednesday and currently have what he called deadlift hangover. I have to say though that I thoroughly enjoyed myself :smiley:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    LouTass84 wrote: »
    I did deadlifts for the first time with my personal trainer on Wednesday and currently have what he called deadlift hangover. I have to say though that I thoroughly enjoyed myself :smiley:

What is deadlift hangover?

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

+1 I'm usually starving the day after deadlifts...is that what this is?
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    250 is my working weight at the moment. I've pulled it for 3, searching for 5

You're awesome!

Thank you, but Iron Miss Canada is truly awesome. Her DL is phenomenal!
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Is it DOMS? Where you're sore the next day, and then the day after that you can barely walk?
  • LouTass84
    Options

It's just a case of DOMS but because of the muscles involved it feels like I'm getting over the flu. I'm going through so much tiger balm!
  • LouTass84
    Options

Is it DOMS? Where you're sore the next day, and then the day after that you can barely walk?

Yeah it's DOMS, I'm on day 2 and walking like a duck!
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged by DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness for newbies) this will go away and you will be left with great muscles :D
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Love hearing these deadlift PRs from the ladies!

You love it? It's making me feel like a weakling...lol. I kid, I kid.

It is definitely impressive, especially the chic NDJ who put up 315 five times...that's legit..

oh wait.... ;)

8cmuZnq.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Ladies, how much are ypu deadlifting with good style?

Man, here I was, thinking we'd get pics or vids of the ladies deadlifting in yoga pants or something.

Numbers, though? That's cool, too.

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm going to post this here because I'm inordinately pleased with myself. My max is 315 in competition. This week in training I pulled 290 for a double. My previous best was 285 for a couple of doubles. The past couple of weeks I've been cutting a bit of weight and dealing with life stress so the rep PR was a nice lift for me. BW is down to 125.

Sorry no yoga pants. Just scabby, paint covered sweats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vmZ5jUEwrg
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    I'm going to post this here because I'm inordinately pleased with myself. My max is 315 in competition. This week in training I pulled 290 for a double. My previous best was 285 for a couple of doubles. The past couple of weeks I've been cutting a bit of weight and dealing with life stress so the rep PR was a nice lift for me. BW is down to 125.

:love:

• LouTass84
    Options
    I was lifting 50 in sets of 8. My trainer put it up to 70 for a set but my hands were super sweaty and I lost confidence convincing myself I couldn't do it so he took it back down to 50 to let me get comfortable with what I'm doing. I've got gloves so I'm going to try them next time to see if that helps.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm at bodyweight (185 lbs) and pretty frickin' excited about that!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

Nice!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    @juliewatkin - AS WELL YOU SHOULD BE.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Used to love it, but now I have 2 herniated discs (not lifting related) and I'm scared to step to the bar again.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Nice!

Thanks. btw, I don't recall seeing your name on the list at nationals? If so, I hope you're there next year as it's going to be out west.