NSV - A Business Suit!

crazysmom
crazysmom Posts: 8 Member
I have dressed pretty much like a slob for many decades. Whenever I try to dress up, I felt like I was wearing a smock or a tent. My usual apparel was jeans and a t-shirt.

8396864152_5c086ef87e.jpg

So since I am unemployed, I have been starting to do phone interviews, and hope to have some face to face interviews soon. I did a practice interview at our local work center, and one of the things she told me was I needed to dress better (ugh, I thought I had dressed up :() So I went to Goodwill on Friday to look for some suits. I found one blazer that I really liked, but it was an 18 and I thought it would be too small. I took a few items and tried on a pair of black slacks and the blazer. I turned around and looked in the mirror and said "Whoa! Who is that?" :)

8999105738_b94d0ec4df.jpg

Replies

• crystal_oo
    crystal_oo Posts: 15 Member
    Look at you! You look great :) Very professional! Congratulations on your progress, keep up the good work!
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    wow thats great!! keep it up!
  • caroduzzi
    caroduzzi Posts: 51
    Lookin' sharp and professional!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Great work! Be proud!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Nice choice and looking great! Good luck with your interviews. You look the part. :-)
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    That suit and the fitter you say HIRED! You look great. Keep going and it will work out!
  • junco1971
    junco1971 Posts: 26 Member
    You look very nice.that outfit should get you a job
  • crazysmom
    Thank you everybody!

Two more thoughts:

1. I could wear one of my Dri-Core running shirts underneath and hopefully feel more comfortable and if I feel nervous, then just remember I can run a 5K now, so I can do anything!

2. What type of shoes can I get away with? I hate heels, but realize my black NB Minimus with the neon yellow "N" on them would not be appropriate :) Would some sort of loafer be appropriate?
  • runnerinside13
    runnerinside13 Posts: 5 Member
    OMGosh that's awesome:) Good Luck!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Awesome progress!
  • delfonzo2000
    delfonzo2000 Posts: 38 Member
    I love how you look so surprised in the picture! You look great! I think a loafer would be fine. You want to be as comfortable as possible in an interview while also presenting yourself as professional. I wish you the best of luck!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    fantastic!!!
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Great choice! You look very professional and with the the whole outfit (shoes included) in place, you will do great in your interview and be much more confident!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Congratulations! Nothing feels better than fitting in the size you didn't think would fit. Cute surprised look in the photo, too. :)
    Dark loafers would be fine, make sure they're spiffed up and polished, and of course wear dark socks or stockings (or nude-colored).
    Go get 'em! Good luck.
  • crazysmom
    Oh, and also the pants were $3.00 and the top was $8.00 (still has the tags on it). Score!!!

I am finding buying clothes at Goodwill is great when you are "in transition". I don't mind spending $5.00 on jeans knowing (hoping) that they will be too big in a few months.

Ironic that I hate spending money on clothes, but will drop $100 on a new pair of running shoes without blinking :)
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    You look amzing! Yay, you! :)
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    chuffed for you, well done and you look great in the suit :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    You look amazing! And the look in your picture is priceless. That is you! Great job!
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Thank you everybody!

Two more thoughts:

1. I could wear one of my Dri-Core running shirts underneath and hopefully feel more comfortable and if I feel nervous, then just remember I can run a 5K now, so I can do anything!

2. What type of shoes can I get away with? I hate heels, but realize my black NB Minimus with the neon yellow "N" on them would not be appropriate :) Would some sort of loafer be appropriate?

First off, great job! You look amazing! As far as the shoes... what about a dress boot, or maybe an open toed type of thing? Something that you could wear with jeans even... I understand the hating to dress up thing and feeling uncomfortable- love the idea of a dry fit under the suit! I have to remember that!
  • crazysmom
    Stopped at another Goodwill today. Didn't find any other suits I like, but did find a pair of nice black loafers for $8.
    Even so, if I end up having to take the metro, I will still probably wear my running shoes, and take the loafers with me.

I would like to get another outfit together in case of a follow up interview (the job I am going for his work from home, so I won't need a lot of new apparel).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!