Loose skin

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, but I'm hoping somebody can help me with this. Since I have started losing weight I have lost over 110 pounds which is great, but my skin is bugging me. I want to look good in a swimsuit but my skin is loose so I don't. Has anybody found any certain exercises or treatments that work? Thank you!

Replies

• KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    I have not, but I am posting so that I can keep up with this thread. (Side Note: Strength training does help somewhat.)
  • bob_day
    bob_day Posts: 87
    Loose skin does not automatically go away. And, if you gain the weight back, you'll need that skin. My advice: Wait for three years to accustom yourself to a weight maintaining lifestyle, so that your diet is just what you do naturally, without thinking about it. Then consider plastic surgery to remove the excess skin.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    From what I have read, when you reach your target weight and start maintaining it will take 6 months from then for your skin to shrink. After that 6 month period your skin whatever state it is in will be like that for good, and then surgery is the only option.

But to try and help things along, drink lots of water, stay out of the sun, use body scrub on the affected area (to encourage new cell growth) and use Aloe Vera moisturizing cream. In addition to this do core training with heavy weights.