I'm shrinking!

Options
uvi5
uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a success as of yet. I started on Feb 16th at 163 Lbs. Last time I weighed I was 154 Lbs. I was on 1200/day and not eating too many exercise calories. I started feeling depleted and read more posts, lurked on profiles of people I now admire, learned that at the rate I'm exercising and now going into my second week lifting 1 hour, 15 minutes/4 x/wk + cardio (walking + step aerobics), various times throughout the day, how different I can eat. I am sleeping incredibly well. Some nights I get a rock solid 4 hours yet feel rested and full of energy, other nights 8 solid restful hours. I began eating 1/2 of my exercise calories and feel great. Today I chose to try on my slimmer clothes and they are more than loose! I opted to not weigh. I'm getting a tape measure at some point instead and will weigh just for data, once a month. I'm excited about my weight session today. It hurts like heck during the reps, especially the last ones, but a few seconds after each set, Wow it feels good. And I can eat! I can eat! I'm set now at 1420 + some exercise calories. I ate 2000 + for a couple of days, went down for a day or so (i've not looked back at my diary, so not sure) and yesterday almost 1800. Wow, just wow. I've not started working out yet today, but getting ready for my first 30 minute step routine to get me started. Hubby and I have some shopping to do, then come back and LIFT!
Just wanted to share this. It's an odd feeling albeit a great feeling at the same time. Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Life seems so much brighter. Who cares if I get to 135 yet still can fit my size 5 jeans. I had to way 125 before and I would keep going lower, till at 1 point was a discusting size 00, sick and barely eating at all. The depression was hideous. After getting married in Sept of last year I packed on some weight and was really "fluffy", not exercising, just blah... As I said, life is getting brighter. :smiley:

Ha ha, weigh, not way :blush:

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! Way to get it!
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    WOOT WOOT! Way to get it!

Seriously, Right! Hey you helped inspire me big time. You've been saying "lift heavy things" and you don't sugar coat nuttin. I'm still gonna make that double cheesy pizza soon :smiley: This is the way to live for sure! Thanks again for being an inspiration!