Love and Fitness!

Options
I want to talk about Love and Fitness for a minute. But first, think back about a time you wrestled with a problem. And not just any problem, like misplacing your keys or not being able to makeup your mind on what to have for lunch.

But something that really put you through the ringer. Something you’ve been trying to solve for a while …… like for example... having an impulse spending problem. Something you really got determined to fix. And so you literally tried everything to get your spending under control.

You tried cutting up your credit card, you tried leaving your debit card at home…. I mean everything. And through the process of researching answers and trying different solutions you finally stumbled across a method that works and you get great results. Most likely very similar the results you’ve been seeing since using MFP and consistently working out.

Your fitness is improving and you're beginning to feel great. You hop out of bed in the morning feeling alive and full of energy. Your clothes are fitting better and better and people are starting to take notice of the changes you're going through.

And it’s at this point you think about that significant other or close friend who's battling with weight loss like you once did. And you’ve tried countless times to encourage them, you point to the results you're having and say look at me. “Just do what I’m doing!”

But despite what you say, and regardless of the results that’s right in their face, that loved one just doesn’t do what seems is the apparent, common sense, rational thing to do. I mean com’on! If you’re getting the results that they want why don’t they just do the right thing and mimic you?

Well here’s why… just this little piece of truth will better prepare you to help your loved one, significant other or friend more than anything else.

Truth is people are not rational, we think that we’re rational and logical when were not. Countless times when put in the face of making the rational or logical decision we do the opposite.

Don’t believe me? Take a look at this video….

http://youtu.be/KE5YwN4NW5o

You’ll see 2 experiments being ran on unsuspecting participants. They show when put in the face of making the rational decision...the common sense decision…. we can still have a tendency to do the opposite.

What are some of things you’ve tried doing to get your significant other or loved one up and exercising? How did it workout?

Remember to friend me! I don’t bite.