How'd You Get them Guns?!

Options
starbucktigh
starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
I'm training for a 10k (running and toning several days a week) and working out with a personal trainer, and while I know you can't spot train/choose where weight comes off, I have SUCH envy of people with sculpted arms! Right now, mine are huge and embarrassing. They are quite muscular, and I've grown stronger in my ability to do pushups, planks, weights, etc, but they have layers and layers of fat on top so they just look and feel disgusting.

For a while I felt like having lean, sculpted arms was an impossibility, but seeing some of your success stories, I'm inspired and believe it's possible! What I want to know is, when in your fitness journey did you see the transformation happen most? Was it gradual over time? Were there specific changes you made to diet or exercise that you think helped more?

Replies

• maryliscious
    maryliscious Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It took a while for specific changes to show. I had a double chin and no collarbone for up until about 160 pounds. I'm a runner too. I do notice my calves look great, no more cankles.

Hang in there. You'll see a change. Hard work pays off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!